Part 5: Harbinger

|| Harbinger

      ||||  something indicating the approach of something or someone

I sit at the kitchen where all the maids and butlers busy preparing foods for The Young Master, Baejin. I have no idea who will appear next; Baejin or Bae Jinyoung. I help them a bit with the plating ideas. At the same time, I chitchat with Butler Kang to know more about the Bae Jinyoung and Baejin behaviour. But Butler Kang just keep on repeating the same thing - "You will know later."

"Kyung, can you please call Baejin from his room? I think he already awake. The zapper just made him faint for a while only." Butler Kang suddenly asks me.

"But... How do I wanna know that he is Baejin or Bae Jinyoung?" I ask him back, fear of the changes of Baes.

"For a safe way, just call him Young Master. He will soon tell us who he is." Butler Kang smirks.

He pushes me to leave the kitchen, telling me 'Hwaiting' silently. I don't know what will I faced when I enter the "Bae" room. I take a few heavy steps to the room that is full with confusion.

I take a deep breath before step in to the room. I saw the figure of Bae still lying down on his bed, sleeping soundly as a few snores can be heard. I bravely walk closer to his bed, trying to wake him up.

"... Young Master, please wake up. It's time for your dinner." I whisper to him while patting his shoulder to wake him up.

He winces before opening his eyes a bit. He looks at me with a cold expression. "What time is it? Did you really call me for a dinner or you just want to mess up with me?" He asks.

This is Bae Jinyoung, right?, I thought.

"Yeah, I am Bae Jinyoung. So what? You think I'm your uncle?" He babbles.

"It's 8. Butler Kang told me to get you ready for the dinner. Do you want to take time to have a shower first?" I calmly tell him.

"Get me a pair of clothes from the wardrobe. I will need a few minutes to shower." He states, getting up from his bed.

I stay standing next to his bed silently, not sure which wardrobes that have clothes in it. There are few wardrobes around the room with the same patterns. As I walk to one of them, a sound of a zip been pulled down stops my pace.

Does he taking off his cloth while I'm in his room?

"Don't turn around. I'm changing into my robes right now. Control your feels to see me shirtless. I know you are eager to see it." He commands.

"Yah! I'm not! I don't even want to..."

I stopped as I realized that I accidentally turned around when I'm disagree with him. I quickly close my eyes to stop looking at his shirtless body.

"I already warn you, right? Are you really this eager or you just want my attention?" His voice starts to come closer to me, like he is right in front of me. "Open your eyes." He continues.

I carefully open my eyes. He stands a few centimetres from me, his face as close as how the male lead drama always used to be with the female lead. His black messy hair and a smirk on his face heats my face up to redden.

"As I thought.. You're easily fallen into someone. Do you think I will accept it if you try to get my attention by your silly and oldstyle moves? In your dream.. You're such a cheap girl."

I'm flustered as I heard his cruel words. I stand on the same spot, more like frozen. For the first time I saw a guy that makes my heart aches so much with his unreal words. I leave his room without even fulfilling the task that he told me to before - get him a pair of clothes to wear.

I run downstairs, locking myself in the unused washroom. My tears wet my cheeks. I take out my phone, calling my mom. "Eomma... Why did you send me here?!" I cried.

"Awh.. Erin. It's fun to be there, right? How's the work? I heard that the guys there are handsome." My mom jokes around without knowing my actual condition here.

"Eomma... Please send me back. I don't even want to work here." I beg her.

"Erin, I'm sorry but I already left the country to live with your aunt. She needs me.."

"Won't your daughter needs you?! Did.. Did you really send me here to create a distance with me?" I ask.

"Mianhae.. I should tell you this thing since your dad left us a few years ago. I don't want to bear you anymore because you're not my actual daughter. You're just an adopted child from a poor family that your biological dad told us to take care of." She explains.

"Wae... This world is so cruel. Then, where is my family?"

"They have been killed by the loan sharks.. I shouldn't tell you this secret but since you want to know.. Your real family got so much debt. That's why we take the opportunity to help them by taking care of you." She continues explaining.

I hang up the call, delete her number as soon as the home screen displayed. My tears unstoppable right now. My shirt wets with my miserable tears. I break the mirror on the wall using my fist a few times. I don't care how hurt my hand will be but it's not as hurt as my heart.

"Being called as a cheap.. Being adopted.." I mumble.

"Erin! Are you in there?! Answer me!" Butler Kang bangs the door a few times.

Will he help me?

T B C