I Am Alive!~Ellie's Gift

Happy 16th birthday to my amazing and gorgeous best friend, Ellie! I love you ❤️
Swaggy_Kitty87

With a defeated expression I let out an exasperated sigh. None of them seemed to...stand out to me. None of them..catch my eye. They all seem the same...but I suppose they are, other than the way they look. Different genders, skin colours, different eyes, different voices. But all the same metallic, mechanical...personalities. No. They don't have personality, they aren't human. They aren't like us, but in a way I suppose they're better than us. Smarter, more efficient.

Androids were made to serve, to protect and help humans. Although to me all humans treat them like are slaves. I swore to myself I would never get one, and become one of those people they become reliant on machines but...fuck it I'm lonely. The sound of a young mans voice brought me back to reality. "Ma'am? Have you made a decision?" Oh yeah, thats right, not a man, an Android. Androids selling Androids. How fucked up.

"Uh...no...not yet.." With a small nod the Android continued to show me around the store, other Androids stood on podiums, there on display like toys. Looking around, faces emotionless as they wait to be purchased. I walk past a few more, nothingness spread across my face as I looked emotionless, I'm sure you could probably mistake me for one of them.

I see something out of the corner of my eye. Something brown, I know a lot of things in this store are brown but whatever this is, it got my attention. I turn my self for better view. A girl..with brown hair.. I walk to her, who is she? She's all the way in the back is she lost? I approach her, concerned. "Excuse me? Are you l-"
"I see you found the EW500"
Wait what? The girl was emotionless, it's only then I see the faint flash of blue from he head, he LED hidden by her hair. Android...why did I think she was real? "EW500..." I repeat. An Android...something about her..seems...I don't know.

"Yes. An older model, one of the first kinds when Androids were released to the public. There aren't many of them now. They are no longer produced." I continue to stare at the brown haired machine. "....How much..." The LED of the salesman Android flashed yellow then quickly back to blue. "You wish to purchase this Android?"
"Yes. How much."
"$8999"
I breathe out at the sound of the figure he gave me. $8999? I look around, glancing at the other Androids that were for sale in the store. None of them were of any interest to me. And I look back at the brown haired Android before me, and something about her made me feel..different.
"I'll take her."
"If I may correct you Ma'am, It. He handed me his tablet with the information of the Android. "Sign here, here and here, and if you would allow me to take your card I can transition the money and you can take it home today." I followed his instructions, signing and handing over my card. He left to take the $8999, and left me looking back at the Android. I glare into her eyes, which were also a deep shade of chocolate brown. "What are you..."

"I am an EW500 model Android"

"Gah Jesus!!" Her sudden reply made my heart jump. All this time she hasn't said a thing and now she decides to say hi?!

The salesman Android returned and handed me back my credit card. "Would you like to give it a name?" He asked. A name? I didn't think I'd have to name it I thought they CAME with names! Uhh..Sarah? No. Stephanie? No. Jenny? No! What's the most generic name I know? Lucy! Wait no that's my name.. Lucy...L...
Ell...Elle? No..

Wait, I got it!

"Ellie."

I glance back at her. She smiled at me.

"Hello. My name is Ellie."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I throw open the door to my studio apartment and kick off my shoes, something I do every time I step foot inside. Ellie follows close behind me as she closes the door. "Would you like me to remove my shoes?" She asked. "Um..no you're fine." I throw down my small backpack on the floor randomly, which she then picked up and placed it in its proper place on my coat rack that didn't even hold any costs. I slouch my way into the small, open kitchen and pour myself some coffee, not really caring that it was cold as I had made it this morning.