Cross X Dream

Cross looked at the body laying before him, tears falling from his eye sockets and his red blade dripping with the victims blood.

What had he done?

What would Dream think?

Would he hate him?

Most likely...

"Well done Cross, I know you wouldn't betray me a second time~" NightMare said condescendingly, a smirk plastered on his face, which was covered in black goop, his corrupted form.

Ugly, just like his visions.

Cross slowly backed away from the body. He'd killed HavenTale Sans. Cross thought he could run, just like he always does. He though he could run from this. And that's what he planned to do. He turned 180 degrees only to be met with once happy and gleaming eye sockets that were now full of remorse and pain.

"C-Cross?" Dreams vision was blurred from tears but he could still make out the figure before him.

"Dr-Dream..." Cross replied, his voice cracking.

"Pl-please don't tell me you did this..." By now everyone in HavenTale had gathered around and either were crying or shell shocked by the death of their Sans.

"I-I'm so sorry Dream..."

Dreams POV

"I-I'm so sorry Dream"

I felt all happiness and love leave my body. I now only felt.

Anger

Betrayal

Hurt

All things towards Cross.

I didn't want to keep anything back.

So I let everything go on Cross

(Basically he went bat crap crazy)

"Your sorry?! You killed an innocent person in a universe that only had a pacifist rout!! You have destroyed this whole world and it's meaning Cross!!"

"Dream p-please I-"

"NO CROSS THATS IT!! You betrayed me!! I...I thought you cared about me..."

"I-I do!!"

"No you don't!! You never did! You only liked me for the way I made you feel. You didn't love me you loved my aura and how it made you feel!!"

"Heh...now you know how it feels to be betrayed. Hurts, doesn't it Brother~" NightMare sneered smirking still.

No POV

The X-Event tried reaching out for Dreams hand in an attempt to make amend.

"DON'T!" Dream yelled and teleported away. As did NightMare and his goon (what Sans is that? In the Cross X Dream comic)

Cross fell to his knees sobbing, staring at the place Dream once stood.

He'd lost him.

The love of his life,

Had gone

Forever.

*le magical time skip~one year later*

Cross had no idea how he was still alive. After multiple suicide attempts and self harm he still wasn't dead. Maybe he had a slight bit of HP left.

Hope that Dream would for give him and come back.

But it's been over six months and Cross doesn't expect any thing any time at all.

So why should he still be breathing?

Isn't it the least he deserves after what he did to Dream?

Cross hadn't been allowed back to HavenTale or any other Au for that fact so he spent most of his time in a place where nothing matters.

X-Tale

Or...what was left of it.

Which was very little.

Cross cried into his knees, not caring about anything else. The only thing on his mind was Dream.

Oh how he missed him. His soft smile. His happy aura. His faith. His hope. His face. Every detail for Dreams face Cross missed.

Cross started sobbing harder.

Cross' POV

"Cross?"

Now I'm going crazy! Thinking I can hear Dreams voice.

"Cross..."

And again

"CROSS!!"

Wait...that's not in my head. I look up to see Dream. Am I seeing things?

He came up and kneeled by me and place a hand on my shoulder.

He's real

Nothing about him changed. In his adorable clothes and his beautiful face.

"Oh Cross"

He wiped some of my tears away.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper.

"No Cross, I'm sorry" Dream pulled Cross into a soothing hug. "I shouldn't of over reacted and left you for so long. Can you forgive me?"

I was shocked. He wanted me to forgive him for something that I did?

"I don't need to forgive you. It's you who should be forgiving me. I'm sorry Dream...I'm so so sorry..." More tears fell down my cheek bones.

He smiled softly.

God did I miss his smile.

He cupped my cheek bone and kissed my teeth.

I feel the heat in my face rise as I close my eye sockets and kiss back.

I'll never be able to understand Dream.

The way he can forgive the unforgettable.

He parted.

"I love you Dream"

"I love you too, Cross"