25 - A Soft Chapter

"Vernon, you're so slow! Hurry up!" Joshua smiled. Vernon looked up and saw how the sunset made Joshua look ten times as beautiful. The sunlight reflecting on his skin made him somehow glow, like an angel.

He smiled warmly, "you're too fast!"

Joshua grunted and stomped over towards the younger and grabbed his hand, and started running. Vernon was being dragged helplessly behind him, and laughing as the two were heading towards a secret destination.

A destination Joshua has shown no one before.

"We're here" Joshua sighed, both boys were out of breath.

There was a swing hanging on a large tree, it looked old and worn out. And a small stream was passing in front of the tree. Joshua continued to pull Vernon closer.

"This is where my mother used to take me when I was small, I sneak out here sometimes when I'm feeling down" Joshua looked at his lover and smiled. Vernon was speechless.

Joshua walked over to the swing and sat on it, lightly pushing off with his feet until he was swinging at a steady pace. Vernon went to sit beside Joshua, and watched the stream go past.

"Do you remember your mother, Josh?"

Joshua continued to swing as a short silence hovered over them. Vernon started to regret his question until Joshua suddenly answered.

"I do. She was beautiful. And she was my true strength"

Vernon tapped the swing and signalled Joshua to come down from his spot, then patted a patch of grass in front of him. Joshua got the message and sat in between the younger's legs, and rested his head on his shoulder.

"I remember the stories she used to tell me, I could always feel freedom when I was around her. Like I could do whatever I wanted..."

Vernon nodded as Joshua spoke, and rubbed soothing circles on the older's wrist. They both felt relaxed in the summer breeze, it wasn't too hot nor too cold.

"What about your mother, Vernon? Do you remember her?"

"No, not really...I have several images in my mind of her but nothing else. I lost her in a house fire"

Joshua tightened his grip around Vernon's hand, "I'm sorry"

Vernon smiled, "it's not your fault. Everything happens for a reason I guess..."
Joshua nodded.

"I was thinking...what if all the events we experienced as trainees never happened? And we never met? What would we be doing now?" Joshua said softly. He started picking at the grass beside him while thinking.

"I don't know"

The couple took a moment to relax and take in the scenery before them. Vernon tightened his grip around Joshua while the older snuggled closer. It was breathtakingly beautiful.

"It's beautiful out here Josh, thank you for taking me here"

"And thank you for coming with me"

They both smiled as Vernon placed a kiss on Joshua's cheek, making the older smile wider.
"We can make this our spot" Joshua chuckled.

"I look forward to coming here more then"
————————
"Minghao~" Jun whined as his boyfriend had his eyes glued to the phone. He didn't look up once.

"Hmm?" Minghao hummed. Jun was becoming more impatient.

"Could you not be looking at your phone for one second?!"

Minghao suddenly looked up and saw the frustration in Jun's eyes. "What's the matter?"

"I feel you haven't paid much attention to me lately...you're always occupied with something else..."

Minghao got up from his spot on the bed and held both of Jun's hands, pulling him down with him. "I'm sorry I haven't been paying any attention to you...what did you want to do?"

"Cuddle?" Jun said innocently, giving his boyfriend puppy eyes. Minghao melted at the sight.

"Of course" he smiled, and immediately lay down back in his spot. He threw his phone to the floor then spread his arms wide. Jun smiled and placed himself in Minghao's arms, snuggling close to his chest.

They both became so comfortable in each other's arms that they simply fell asleep.
————————
Joshua and Vernon returned from their little adventure with their hands intertwined. They felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

Vernon was about to walk into his room but Joshua stopped him, gripping onto his hand tighter.

"You don't have to if you don't want to...but could you stay with me the night?" Joshua said hesitantly. Vernon smiled and pecked Joshua's forehead.
He nodded, "I'll get into something more comfortable first"

Joshua felt like a small child as happiness spread throughout his body. He went into his own room and changed also. Once he had finished, he waited patiently for Vernon to finish getting ready.
He was taking surprisingly long.

Joshua became nervous so he went towards Vernon's room and knocking on the door softly.
"Hansol?"

No answer.

Panic spread through his body as Joshua opened the bedroom door, he sighed in relief as he saw the sight before him.

Vernon had fallen asleep.

Joshua shut the door behind him and positioned himself in Vernon's arms, he smiled once he felt the younger tighten his grip around his waist. And he allowed his heavy eyelids to fall shut.

He could get used to this.