Follow Behind

"Vernon, I'm only going to give you a warning, since you weren't entirely at fault for this..."

Joshua squinted at the leader, he wasn't pleased with the "punishment" at all.
The leader felt the tension in the room, but ignored it nonetheless.

"But if you're involved with something like this again, there will be some consequences. The pistols were confiscated for a reason"

Vernon nodded, he didn't see the big deal of the situation until he realised he woke everyone up...literally.

He felt embarrassed.

"Hey, don't worry about it, just go back to sleep. We'll continue like normal by tomorrow morning" S.Coups reassured him. Noticing the embarrassment in his expression.

Joshua scoffed and went back to his room, slamming the door shut. But he left it unlocked...

Before Vernon headed into his room like everyone else, DK and Jeonghan stopped him.

"Look, we're really sorry for involving you...we thought it would be fun and we like taking risks" DK looked at him with shame in his eyes, Jeonghan was nodding in agreement.

"Don't worry about it guys, it was actually kinda fun"

"Really?!" Jeonghan whispered, both boys eyes lighting up with joy.

Vernon nodded, a smile spreading on his face. "We should do stuff like this more often"

Without thinking, Jeonghan embraces Vernon in a tight hug. Realising what he did, he immediately backed away, apologising constantly.

"No, no, don't be sorry. It's fine" Vernon chuckled. He embraced both of them in a small hug before saying goodnight, shocking the pair in their places.

And someone was peeking through their door watching in curiosity.

——————————
The next morning...

Vernon's alarm screeched loudly in his ear, he groaned at the repetitive sound and switched it off.

As forced himself out of bed and pushed his weight onto the cabinet beside him as he felt dizzy. The door bursting open again didn't help with the developing headache.

"MORNING!" Jeonghan and Dino ran in and pounced on Vernon's bed.
"How in the hell are you guys wide awake?" Vernon groaned while rubbing his eyes.

"You get used to it after a while, besides we've had some sugar" Dino laughed while rolling in the bed sheets.

Vernon finally felt the dizziness fade away as he began rummaging for comfortable clothes in his wardrobe.

He then noticed Jeonghan and Dino were watching.

"Could you guys like, look away?"

—————————
Once Vernon made his way downstairs (with Jeonghan having an arm around his shoulder) he saw everyone scattered everywhere in the room, not all in one place.

Seungkwan was on the computers, with some waffles next to the keyboard. The8 and Jun had some pancakes while laying on the couch lazily. DK, Mingyu and Wonwoo had cereal scattered over the place since they were running after each other.

Everyone else seemed to be behaving.

Vernon caught Joshua's stare from his spot. Joshua was quietly eating cereal to himself while reading a book, in which Vernon actually expected him to be that kind of person.