The Final Battle

"You'll be careful...won't you?" Jeonghan said worriedly. Joshua nodded while placing his regular blades in his belt. Vernon was in charge of the guns.

"We have both his side kicks, so it'll be an easy job"

"Two against one seems...fair"

"Vernon will only drop in if I need it. For now it'll just be me and him"

Joshua and Vernon looked at the team mates like it was the last time they'll ever see them. Hugs and goodbyes and good lucks were exchanged. Until it was the leaders turn for goodbye.

"No taking the bullet for one another, got it?"

The couple chucked before shaking their heads, "no more bullets"

"Or swords" Seokmin butted in, nodding his head at the two.

Joshua took another look at his lover before holding his hand, "this is it".
——————————
The hall was large and pitch black. The couple still had their hands intertwined until Joshua said it was time to let go.

"He's in there, it's best you stay hidden, okay?"

Vernon nodded as he headed quietly upstairs to find a hiding spot. Joshua watched as the younger disappeared into the dark abyss.

He sighed. It was time to finish this.

Like I should have a long time ago.

Joshua opened the door to a larger hall. Broken furniture and paintings were scattered everywhere. The air felt eerie and cold, making Joshua shudder.

Kun was standing in the centre with his back facing the agent, he had a gun in his right hand while he held nothing in the other. As soon as footsteps were heard, Kun slowly turned his head.

"Well, well. You actually came"

"Of course I did. You think I like to hide?"

"That's what you've been doing for the past five years, Hong Jisoo", Kun was fully facing Joshua now. He usual cold smirk was spread across his face.

"No pistol? Ah wait, I forgot your style was blades...

Guess that means I gotta drop the gun, huh?"

"There are no rules so...do what you must" Joshua said bravely.

"Oh that's great. Because I was planning not to drop the gun anyway" the assassin as he pointed the gun directly in Joshua's direction.
Joshua stayed completely still, since he knew Kun liked a bit of dialogue.

"So, how does someone like you end up as a regular spy? Huh?" Kun kept his gun poised at the spy but his finger was no where near the trigger.

"Being an assassin wasn't the life for me, obviously"

"We all could tell. You became weak"

"You became jealous of my strength"

"Jealousy is the wrong word to use. I was tired of losing to you, and being punished when I'm clearly the stronger one...

I was just air. To both you and our leader"

"And you think I wanted to win all the time? I had to Kun, that was my only way to survive"

The finger was now close to the trigger.

"Kun...I've never hated you or wanted you to get hurt-"

"Shut up! You're soft...you're weak. Why should you care about me at all when all you've done is watch me suffer?"

A bullet fired unexpectedly but Joshua's instincts never left. He dodged the bullet effortlessly.

"Huh, I see your instincts haven't changed then"

"They've been very useful" Joshua smiled to himself.

Kun shot another bullet and again, Joshua dodged it effortlessly.

The assassin became impatient very quickly.

More bullets were fired constantly, and the sound echoed quickly throughout the building. It reached Vernon in a matter of seconds.

He started to panic.

"Josh, are you alright?" Vernon spoke worriedly through the ear piece. Joshua heard him clearly, but didn't want to look obvious in front of Kun.

Joshua let out a "hmm" in hopes that Vernon would hear him. Fortunately, he did.

Kun ran out of his first load of bullets, he kept eye contact with the other while re-loading, Joshua did nothing but stare back.
He needed to plan this out carefully.

Kun was probably going to shoot out a few more bullets until he became impatient enough to fight. All Joshua had to do in the meantime was dodge each one. And so he did.

Bullet after bullet fired out and Kun finally let out a loud scream before charging in Joshua's direction, he had no weapons on him now.

Or so Joshua thought.

"You. Can't. Win. This time" Kun panted as he kept swinging his arms and legs at Joshua. The older either kept dodging or blocking the swings...

Until Kun finally hit him.

Joshua felt blood trickle out his mouth and even placed a finger on the spot to check.
It was going to get bloody now.

The fight became more vicious and blood started to spill. Blood was dripping from Kun's face now as well as Joshua's. And just as Joshua thought he was winning...

A knife entered his shoulder blade.

Joshua screamed out in pain as Kun started to dig the knife deeper, smiling as he did so. Vernon watched the scene before him and did not hesitate to take action.

Kun heard footsteps charging at him and turned with another blade in hand, one of Joshua's though. That didn't stop Vernon though.

He kept running.

"Vernon...don't-

VERNON?!"