Assassins

"Just close?" Joshua grimaced at the question, and Vernon's confused expression wasn't helping either.

"What are you talking ab-"

"You told the rookies that you and I are just close, why is that? Are you ashamed of me?" Joshua snapped.

"No, no! You must understand-"

"Understand what? Exactly?"

"Anyone could have been listening, Josh! If anyone outside found out about you and I then that could be taken to their advantage. You know that!"

Joshua leaned against the door as he thought to himself. Vernon looked at his lover with big eyes, he knew Joshua had been thinking the same thing.

"I'm sorry. You are right"

Vernon nodded. Of course he was, everyone has enemies at one point in their life. And Joshua must have some...considering he was an assassin once.

"Do you currently have enemies, Josh?"

Joshua bit his lip as he continued to stare into space, a few moments later he nodded.

"I have three assassins currently after me, and considering the fact I've been here for nearly four years, they've done a shit job finding me..."

"...unless they're finding the right moment to catch me" Joshua concluded. He now had his arms crossed over his chest while looking at his feet. He was clearly anxious.

"If they found out about you, that would be the end of me" Joshua started to tear up. Vernon reached over to grab the older's hands and pulled him down onto the bed with him. Joshua snuggled into the younger's side while sniffling.

"They would kill you without a second thought...and I can't let that happen. I can't let them find you"

"What are their names...if you don't mind me asking?" Vernon brushed Joshua's fringe away from his eyes.

Joshua sighed, "well, there's Johnny. He was a good friend once...

Then there's Lucas

And then there's Kun"

Vernon nodded, "and why are they after you?"

"Remember when I said, if you didn't do something right, you got punished?"
Vernon nodded again.

"Well, that's what happened with those three. They were always punished cause I always did great. And they weren't as good as me. They became jealous, and cruel"

"And now they're after you? How could you know?"

"I ran away from that place, and it wasn't easy. The three of them were pretty much chasing me out, they wanted to kill me before I made it out. And they told me it isn't the end so...I guess it isn't"

Vernon wrapped an arm around Joshua shoulders. "You're stronger than them, so why are you afraid?"

"I'd say we have the same amount of strength by now. And I didn't fear them until I met you"

—————————
An explosion could be heard from within the kitchen, scaring the shit out of everyone who sat in the living room. The loud noise could even be heard clearly from upstairs.

"JEONGHAN!"

Jeonghan hid his face behind a pillow as Jun stomped towards him, snatching the pillow harshly.

"WHAT. DID. YOU. DO?!"

"He left a fucking fork in the microwave, AGAIN!" Dino said as he walked out of a black cloud of smoke.
Jeonghan giggled.

"Are you taking the piss?"

"I keep forgetting to take it out..."

"How does one FORGET to take a fork out of a bowl when putting it in the microwave?" Jun had his hands on his hips. Minghao was smirking at Jun's anger.

Joshua and Vernon soon enough walked downstairs and saw the mess before them. Smoke was spreading everywhere.

"What the fuck happened down here?" Joshua's eyes widened.

"Jeonghan exploded the microwave again" Jun sighed. Woozi smacked the older in the head as he walked past the couch.

Joshua had his hand over his eyes. "You never learn do you?"

"You broke the fridge once! And Mingyu broke the stairs! Shit happens!" Jeonghan spoke in defends.

Joshua was going red with rage now, and Vernon was surprised to hear that Joshua broke the fridge...
He was trying not to giggle.

"Okay, first of all! I broke the fridge because some dumb shit..."

Joshua paused as he gave a dirty look towards Seokmin.

"Decided it would be funny to glue the door shut. So I ended up ripping it off! It wasn't my fault!

And secondly...Mingyu"

Mingyu looked up at the older and smiled innocently.

"I'm not even going to ask how you managed to do that...you never fail to surprise me"

The taller continued to smile while eyes were once again placed on Jeonghan.

"You, on the other hand, have exploded the microwave THREE TIMES already! I thought you would've learned by now"

Jeonghan raised his hands in defence, "I forget to take the fork out sometimes..."

"THREE TIMES JEONGHAN, THREE!" Dino shouted. Making everyone else in the room laugh. Except Jeonghan and Joshua of course, Joshua was shocked while Jeonghan was cross.

"We all make mistakes...god"