Let's Talk, From one Assassin to Another

"So...you had a little outburst there Jongup" Joshua said as he sat down with a coffee in his hands. They were the only two awake out of the entire household and it was the perfect time to  chat.

"Yeah...it hits a soft spot y'know?"

"It does, doesn't it? And people know it hits you so...why do they do it?"

"Because they think you're all tough and stuff, so nothing as sensitive as that could hurt you, right?" Jongup rolled his eyes and chuckled.

Joshua chuckled with him.

He discovered himself that Jongup used to be an assassin, except ten times crazier than him. He was ordered to murder Youngjae once, which resulted in a few stab wounds and the older knocking him out. He took him to the base and Yongguk did his treatment.

"It's interesting you know...talking to somebody who knows what you've been through and how you feel" Joshua stared into a distance while Jongup nodded.

"So uh...is there any bad feelings between you and Youngjae? Since that incident?"

Jongup sat back and sighed. Memories came back and hit him all at once. He started to shake a little at the feeling.

"No...not really. He saved my life more than anything"

"How so?"

"If being an assassin wasn't going to kill me, insanity would've done it for me" Jongup sighed again. "I'm happy where I am now, and I'm grateful I met those idiots".

"I feel that with my team too" Joshua smiled at the thought of his team mates.
They were his home, his family.

"So, how did you meet your team then? I'm pretty sure you weren't ordered to kill anybody?"

"I was sent to them after I went to a mental hospital, but even then I still wasn't considered to be in a normal state.

I barely spoke to them when we first met, I only followed orders since that all I could do. Whenever they tried being friendly to me, I just threatened them and shut them out. Letting people in was scary...I'm sure you know what that feels like"

Jongup nodded in understanding, "I do, I know that feeling all too well"

"But since I was pretty much insane, Yongguk had me locked away while I was being treated. Otherwise chances are I would've killed the entire household..."

"What made you so insane?"

"That was my boss' doing. He tortured me, programmed me. Made me his killing machine.

I mean...that's all an assassin is"

Joshua looked at Jongup and his expression read sadness. Complete sadness. For once in his life, he felt he could finally relate to somebody. And more than anything, he felt he was healing more and more.

All thanks to Jongup.

"I want to thank you, Jongup"

"For what?" Jongup laughed. "We've been taking dark shit for the last half an hour"

"I want to thank you because I finally relate to somebody, and I feel that's done me some healing"

Jongup looked almost shocked, he didn't expect that response at all.
Healing...he did that for Joshua? Without realising?

"Well, I want to thank you too. I feel you've done me some good as well"

Zelo and Yongguk were peeping their heads past the door, listening to the conversation the two were having. Zelo was over the moon when he heard Jongup felt better since Joshua arrived.

And as for Yongguk, he knew his time with Joshua had shortened. That spy had done his own healing at his own pace, and that made the leader smile.