Acceptance

"Newcomer!" a short man screamed, and the rest of the men scattered towards Vernon's direction. The newcomer held his hands up in defence thinking they were going on pounce on him, thankfully they all halted to a stop.

"You're Vernon, right?" one voice spoke.

"Of course he is, who else would it be?" another spoke loudly.

Vernon couldn't get his head around why they were all so...excited? I thought this was a serious matter, why are they all acting like children?

"Well Vernon! It's great to meet you!" the short man smiled widely, "I'm Woozi!"

"Nice to meet you sir" Vernon bowed.

And that's when the group all broke into fits of laughter.

"Sir?!"

"Did he just call you sir?!"

"What?!"

Vernon stood his ground while the group started wiping their tears from laughing so hard. For what seemed like an eternity later, they stopped.

"No, no, we don't use sir here" Woozi wiped another tears from his cheek.

Vernon cocked a brow, "what kind of group...are you?"

"We're spies...as you already know"

"Never met spies of your kind before" Vernon felt his confusion increase by the second.

"Oh yeah? They need more spies like our kind" another man smiled. But a colder voice seemed to think otherwise.

"No, you all need to grow up" said a dark haired man. He was tall and slim, and had a red choker wrapped around his neck like string. He was sharpening a blade and his stare was just...dark and menacing.

Vernon felt intimidated, but this was the kind of spy he was looking for...

"And...you are?"

"Joshua"

"Nice to meet you s- I mean! ...Joshua"

Joshua didn't show any other signs of expression until he put the knife down and made his way towards the new recruit.

Vernon gulped.

The rest of the group remained silent as the male slowly made his way towards Vernon...to scan him up and down.

"Listen, Vermin, don't think of this as a fair ground cause your team mates are immature. Do your job like you're supposed to and we'll get along fine".

And with that, Joshua walked away, but to where Vernon guessed to be his bedroom. He slammed the door shut and silence spread amongst the group.

Until another dark haired male walked towards Vernon and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"He's not your leader, so don't listen to him"

"Who is my leader?"

"Me, but call me S.Coups. Not sir" he chuckled.

"Why the attitude?" Vernon bravely questioned, S.Coups sighed.

"That's just who he is, don't let it get to you Vernon. It's nothing personal...

Anyway! Let me introduce you to your...colleagues?"

—————————
"So...how did all you guys become the people you are today?" Vernon sat comfortably in his seat. The whole situation he was in was making him dizzy.

A new place to stay. New training. New missions. New colleges. Joshua...

Joshua was bugging him the most.

S.Coups noticed the uneasiness, "you're nervous"

"You don't say" Vernon chuckled softly. This grabbed the attention of the other members.

"I know we're not the group you were expecting, but we always get the job done. We just don't want it to be all doom and gloom and serious all the time. We're still young after all"

"And we always have friends around us, we're never in too much trouble" Mingyu said. Vernon finally felt a lot calmer.

"Well, thanks for making me feel welcome guys..." a small smile formed on Vernon's lips. The rest of the group smiled too, well almost everyone.

"So...when does training start? And the missions?"

"Tomorrow. Like it's any other day"

————————
It was very late in the evening now, and the group and Vernon had gotten to know each other more. Laughter and screams filled the room, and after a while Vernon began to feel nervous again.

"Won't we disturb him?"

"Disturb who?" Jeonghan laughed while munching on some popcorn.

"Joshua?"

S.Coups laughed as well, "he should be used to it by now. Just forget him"

"Well, guess what? I'm not!" Joshua shouted from directly behind the pair. The screams that left everyone's mouths sounded like five year olds. It was amusing to Joshua, but no expression could be seen on his face.

Vernon was terrified of him now.

"Sorry Josh, we'll be more quiet..." Jeonghan whimpered.

"It's too late for that now, I'm awake" Joshua scoffed as he took a seat next to Vernon, who was pretty much shaking from the sudden appearance.

The room was deadly silent...again.