My Nerves are Getting to Me

*Uncle John's POV*

The date with Opal was fun. Awkward but fun. It was hard to keep much of a conversation going as I worried about Rose and the strange things I'd seen. When I got home I got onto the computer and started researching just about everything I could about Siren's and Mermaids. Apparently Siren's could sing really well. I thought back to the times Rose sung along with the radio and had to admit she had a great voice. It also said they ate the sailors that they lured in with their voices. That gave me the chills. Thank the Lord Rose wasn't full Siren or she may have eaten someone. The more I looked the less I started thinking it was crazy. Finally I got to something that made my blood run cold. Siren's had a law against marrying humans. If that law was broken then the parent and the child were killed. What if they killed her? What if I never saw her again? I prayed that Jack would find her in time.

I swear I was starting to have some kind of break down. I started the dishwasher before putting the dishes in and I made too much coffee and then dumped way to much sugar in it. I buttoned my shirt wrong and then  put my shoes on the wrong feet. Maybe I shouldn't work with the fish today.  Maybe I should just go take a nap.  My phone rang and I picked it up before I checked the caller ID.

"Mr. Francito?" The person asked.

"This is he." I answered awkwardly.

"Oh thank the Lord. Ok so this is Amanda. Jack didn't think he could remember your phone number  but I guess he did. We need a favor."

"What can I do?" I asked.

"We need you to Google a place for us." She said.

She gave me the information I needed and asked me to tell her what was there.

"It's in the middle of the ocean." I said scrolling thought the information I'd found.

"Yes we're aware of that thank you. Do you see like, what is around there?" She asked.

"There's this huge trench kind of place that looks like it's filled with a lot of different sized caves. The source I'm looking at says that they haven't been there for a while due to different shark attacks as well as a few missing boats in that area. Why are you so interested?" I asked.

"That's where they're keeping Rose we think. We're actually at a coffee shop trying to think of a way to get her out of there. Or at least to find out if that's where she actually is." She told me.

"What's your plan?" I asked.

"We think we're going to send Eel in as one of them to scout out the area. He'll be our inside man. Phil, out cousin, is going to be the one keeping us in touch with him as we figure out what to do next." She explained.

"Not bad." I said continuing to scroll through the websites.

"We're hoping it will work. If they catch us though we're dead fish." She said seriously.

"I wish you luck. If you ever need me for anything don't be afraid to call. Let me give you my work number." I said and told them how to reach me.

As I hung up I felt a little weight lifted from my shoulders. Rose was in good hands. I called into the aquarium and told them I was going to be a few minutes late then went to change into my wet suit.

"Hey, I was worried about you." Opal said as I walked in.

"Don't worry. I'm feeling a lot better." I said grinning a little.

"How're things with Rose?" She asked.

I explained that things were going well. I didn't really know what to tell her considering the fact that she didn't know but somehow I managed to convince her that it was taken care of. If things went the way I wanted to with Opal I may end up having to tell her about Rose's real self. She'd have to know if she was going to be Rose's possible step mother.