Chores, Video Games, and.... a Green Face Mask?

*Jack's POV*

Mrs. Shelly maked the best chocolate chip cookies ever! There was no denying it. As we munched on the sweet snack knowing that we'd better eat all we could becuase Amanda wouldn't let us have that kind of stuff when we headed beck to my place, Drew and I finished up as many chores as we could for his mom then ran upstairs to go play Xbox. We battled each other really getting into the game and yelled out playful threats. Sadly half an hour later Mrs. Shelley kicked us off like she always did and we packed up and said we were heading over to my place.

"I think your mom knows why we head over to my place after we get kicked off your Xbox." I said as I searched for my keys.

"Yea. Well if she does then why does she let me go?" Drew asked pocking me then handing me my keys.

"I don't know. Maybe she just doesn't want to look like a bad mom." I said.

"How would you know?" He asked. "You don't live with your mom."

I frowned. Talking about my mom was a touchy subject.

"Oh right. Sorry." Drew apoligized grabbing a bag of carmel popcorn.

"It's ok." I said and we headed downstairs.

"Drive safely!" Mrs. Shelley called like she always did.

I started the truck and we were on our way.

"We're here!" I called as we walked through the garage door.

"OK." Amanda said from the living room.

Both of us tried to hide the carmel popcorn as we made our way upstairs but Amanda spotted it and made us hand it over.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked as she headed to her room.

"I'm going to give it back to Drew's mother and ask her not to let you eat this junk." She answered.

"You're not really going to embarrass me like that are you?" I asked.

"Embarrass who like what?" Rose asked coming out af Amanda's room in Pj's with her hair up in a sloppy bun and her face covered in a green mask.

"Wow. You look hot." Drew said playfully.

Rose stuck her tongue out at him and Drew laughed. I elbowed him in the rib and he gave me a questioning look.

"So did you guys have a fun time?" She asked removing the caremel popcorn from Amanda's grasp and handing it back to me. "Guard this with your life. I'll cover you while you run."

"It was great!" We both said darting up the stairs.

"What? Why'd you give them back the caremel popcorn?" I heard Amanda ask.

"They can eat it. It won't kill them. Come on lighten up." Rose answered and I silently thanked her.

"Why'd you elbow me?" Drew asked as we closed the door and turned on the TV.

"You were flirting with Rose again." I answered. "We TALKED about this dude."

"If I don't playfully flirt with her she'll wonder what's wrong. Besides you're over reacting. Friends act like that all the time!" Drew answered poping a piece of caremel popcorn in his mouth.

I shrugged. "Whatever."

There was a knock on the door and Drew answered.

Rose had washed the face mask off and now she stood there looking adorable.

"Can I play?" She asked.

"Do you even know how?" Drew asked and she socked him in the arm playfully.

"I'm sure I can learn." She laughed.

"Sure." I said moving over onto the floor so she could have the bean bag.

Drew moved from in front of the door and bowed. "The bean bag awaits My Lady." He said in a fake British accent.

"OK... So what does this button do?" She asked once we'd started the game and handed her a controler.

"That's the shot button." i\I answered.

"Why do I need to shot this guy? He's not doing anything to me!" She said but pushed the button.

"Becuase that's what you do in the game." Drew said like that answered anything,

"That doesn't really answer my question." Rose said and I laughed.

"You don't have to shot him if you don't want to but us guys like shotting stuff." I said.

"Then guys are weird." She said matter of factly.

Drew gave her a hurt look and she laughed.

"Ok you guys aren't THAT weird." She giggled.

"Thank you." I said doing my best Elvis voice. "Thank you very much."

Rose laughed and I chuckled.

Drew looked at us with this expression that said. 'Aw you guys are so cute together' and I shoved him. Thankfully Rose hadn't seen him. I still didn't have the guts to ask her out.