Leaking Slime.

*Jack's POV*

After Amanda, Phil, and I had put our heads together to figure out the best way to break the news to Rose I grabbed my keys and headed out. I got to her house and pulled into the drive way. Her Uncle must have been at work because even though his car was there the gate to the aquarium was left ajar. I went up to the door and knocked. No one answered so I rang the doorbell. When no one answered I decided to go check the aquarium. Feeling like an intruder I went through the gate and closed it behind me. They probably hadn't meant to leave it open anyways.

"Hello?" I called. 

People walked around the aquarium pointing at the buildings and the food stands and it was hard to push through the crowds. An employee walked over to me seeing that I was a bit lost.

"Can I help you find something?" She asked.

"Actually you can help me find someone." I said. "Do you know where Mr. Francito is?"

"Oh the big boss." She said. "Why do you need to see him?"

"I need to ask him where his niece is. I'm here to pick her up and she's not at the house." I answered.

"Oh are you her boyfriend? I didn't know Rose had one." She said.

I grinned. "Yes, Yes I am."

"Right this way Sir." She said and started walking towards the Killer whale building.

I followed her into the building and into an Employees only room. Mr. Francito stood next to a stage door in a a wet suit looking ready to preform.

I cleared my throat. "Um. Mr. Francito?" I asked.

He turned and his eyes grew wide when he saw me.

"Do you know where Rose is? I asked. "She wasn't at the house so I thought she might be here."

"Rose called and said she was going with you." He said starting to panic.

"When? I just got here." I said confused. 

"About half an hour ago." A lady near him said.

She was also in a wet suit. She was a pretty lady. Her skin was a light tan color and her hair was thick and black. It hung down her back in a sleek shiny ponytail. Her eyes were an unusual green color.

"I'm Opal." She said introducing herself.

"Jackson. My friends call me Jack." I said then got back to the problem. "If Rose isn't with me and she's not with you... Who else could she be with?"

"Bobby? Or how about Jacob's? Those two have been friends for a while. They probably pulled a prank on her or something." Opal suggested. 

This lady knew a lot more about Rose then I would have guessed. It made me wonder what kind of relationship the Francito's and she had. 

"Give me their numbers and I'll call them." I said as Mr. Francito's name was announced over the loud speaker.

"I have them in my phone." He said then looked over at Opal. "Show him how to use it then come out when they announce your name. The show must go on."

"Right away Boss." She said then went to get his phone. I stood awkwardly to the side and tried to push the thought that was bugging me to the back of my mind.

Opal showed me how to use Mr. Francito's phone then had to go out to preform. I hit Bobby's contact first and waited for her to pick up.

"Hey Mr. Francito." She said.

"This isn't Mr. Francito. It's Jack. The guy who helped Rose out." I said.

"Oh, Hey Jack. What can I do for you?" She asked.

"Do you know where Rose is?" I asked.

"Nooo. Can't say that I do. Why?" She said.

"No reason. Do you know what Jacob is up to? I need to ask him as well." I said. 

I really didn't want to worry her.

He's here with me. Hold on, I'll ask him." She said. "No he doesn't."

"OK well then, thanks. I've got to go." I said and hung up.

"I'll be right back." I said to the girl who'd showed me where Mr. Francito was. 

I ran out of the building and then wove my way through the crowds back to Rose's house. I climbed into my truck and took the five minute drive down to the beach. No one was there which was a good thing because i did something that probably would have made a lot of people stare. I picked up three shells. Non inhabited shells mind you, and crushed them. Like into powder. You have no idea how much stronger I am because I have merperson blood going through my veins. My coach said I was on steroids but in reality I was just born to be in water. Just not salt water. It hurt. I took the powder and blew it into the water. A few minutes later I saw a layer of slime appear on the surface of the water. A head poked up. It was bald andpale yellow, the ears were just holes instead of actual ears. The person's nose was an elongated snout with slots as nostrils. He had completely black eyes and fins behind his ear holes. He grinned at me and I saw that his teeth were sharp like an eel's. His tail was silver and the slime was coming from him.

"That is revolting." I said as he dragged himself onto the sand.

"Don't be jealous." He said leaking slime into the sand.

"I'm not jealous Eel. I'm completely digested. I need a favor." I said.

"Whatever you say." He said.

"Do you know what happened to a Siren named Rose Francito?" I asked.

"Sure do. Shark and his load of thugs just picked her up a half an hour ago. They're taking her to the prison. I really hate my kind." He said licking his snout. "You got any food on you?"

"No I don't." I growled. "I need you to come with me somewhere... or swim there yourself while I drive."

"You got it Jack-Jack. But I want a snack afterwards." Eel said.

I told him where the dolphin tank in the aquarium was and told him to stop the slime leaking and stay out of sight until I called him. Mr. Francito needed to know what had happened to his niece.