The Coach's Daughter

*Rose's POV*

Drew's breakfast was good. Who knew a guy could cook so well? Jack was still stiff and he seemed ready to leave. 

"Come on!" Jack said as he grabbed his keys and his swim bag.

"Chill Jack. The lady's eating." Drew said calmly although he gathered his stuff.

I stood up and carried my dishes out to the kitchen and told Jack that I was coming.

"Did you bring a bathing suit? The coach let's people get in the pool after the meet." Drew said.

"There's no time!" Jack yelled, "We're almost late!"

"Calm down." I laughed. "Yes Drew, I brought my bathing suit.  I figured I might get wet."

"Well good for you! GO GET IN THE CAR WHILE I FIND MY TOWEL!" Jack said.

He was really stressed out.

"Don't worry about him." Drew said as we walked out to the truck together. "Jack's always like this before a meet."

I didn't see how that was true because Jack didn't strike me as a worrier but I didn't say anything.

"OK get in." Jack said coming out of the house and unlocking the truck.

Drew opened the door for me and I climbed up into the back. Drew didn't unfold the passenger seat like I thought he would. Instead he climbed up after me and sat down way to close.

"Drew. Get out of the back. There isn't enough room for both of you back there." Jack said. as he started the car.

Drew grunted angrily but climbed out from the back and flipped the back seat back to it's place and sat down. I sighed silently and thanked Jack for making Drew move. He'd smashed me into the side of the truck and my side had started hurting.

We arrived at the pool where the swim meet was being held after Drew had told me just about everything about himself.

"ALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTS. THE MEET WILL BE STARTING IN 2 MINUTES. PLEASE GO GET INTO YOUR SWIM GEAR." A man said over the loudspeaker.

"That's our cue. Gotta go. Wish us luck!" Drew said heading towards the guys changing room.

Before Jack left he handed me $5 and told me to go get myself a seat and something to drink. Then he raced after Drew. I watched the two of them mess around with each other as they headed into the changing room then went to go find somewhere to sit.

"Hey who are you here with?" A girl asked as I walked up the bleachers.

She was a tall girl. Maybe 5'10 or 5'11. Her dark brown hair fell down  to her shoulders and framed her face perfectly. Her unusual brown eyes looked at me with a friendly and curious expression.

"Oh. I'm here with Jack." I answered.

Jack Switser? Cool! I just saw you with Drew and assumed you were his girlfriend. I'm glad Jack has a girlfriend!" The girl said. "I'm Victoria by the way. Who are you?"

I grinned a little at the mention of me being Jack's girlfriend. While it would be nice it sadly wasn't very likely.

"I'm Rose. I'm not actually Jack's girlfriend. Just a normal friend." I said as I scanned the bleachers for a good seat.

"Oh. ok." Victoria said. "Would you like to sit with me?"

"Sure!" I said thankfully sitting down in the empty spot she was pointing to.

"No problem." She said grinning.

"So Victoria. Who are you here with?"  I asked attempting to make small talk.

"Oh I'm the coach's daughter. My dad said I had to come. You can call my Viky if you'd like. Only the people I don't really like call me Victoria." Victoria said laughing.

"If you're the coach's daughter why don't you swim as well?" I asked as the meet started.

"I do swim. Just not with these people. I'm with the people who want to get into the Olympics." Vicky explained.

"Oh." I said.

We talked for the whole meet and when it was over Jack and Drew came to find me.

"Hey Viky!" Drew called as he sat down next to me forcing me to scoot over and squish Viky a little. "How'd we do?"

"You guys suck." Viky said in a teasing voice. "Now get up. I'm squished."

"Rose. You want to leave or stay?" Jack asked as he nibbled a protein bar. "Amanda  may be home and you can hang out with her. I'll be heading over to Drew's place for a while after the party for our team."

Before I could answer a big bearded man bellowed. "JACKSON SWITSER GET YOUR REAR DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!!!!!!"

"Crap." Jack mumbled handing me the bar. "What I do this time?"

"Don't worry Bro. I'll come with ya." Drew said as he and Jack headed down the bleachers.

"Want to come swim?" Viky  asked as I watched them leave.

"Um.." I said looking down at the large pool. My stomach knotted. "No thanks. I'm scared to death of water."

"Really?" Viky asked. "Well ok. I'll see ya later then Rose!"

Sh walked off and I went to go find Jack. That old man hadn't sounded happy.