In the Dawn Light

*Jack's POV*

Gosh my sister's crazy! Walking along the beach at 6 in the morning! Who does that? Besides Amanda of course.

"What are you looking for anyways?" I asked.

"I got a call that something odd happened last night and I'm going to see if there's anything along the shore." She answered. "Now pipe down!"

I sighed. "Up at the crack of dawn for no reason then?"

"There is a reason you idiot! it's not like last time!" Amanda yelled.

Ah last time. We'd  been told something had leaked and rushed to the shore line only to find a dead crab. Amanda had cried and cried. I just sat there frowning. Who would kill such helpless sea life? Of course no one but us would care. But there were others who wouldn't be to pleased.

"Amanda. If this is another dead crab you better not start crying like you did last time. People will stare," I warned like the good little brother I am. It wouldn't do to have people staring at my older sister.

"Oh shut up. They won't stare at me. If it's another crab I'm going to go straight into the sea and see who's doing it!" She growled.

I kept my mouth shut, No use talking to her when she was like this, I was starting to get the feeling it wasn't just a dead crab.

Amanda continued to search the shore and I followed slowly behind. What if there was some kind of dead body on shore! What if someone had found out and been killed! I breathed in slowly trying not to let this get to my head. I looked up from my feet and saw something lying in the sand near the water, The waves were coming up to cover it then going back down leaving half of it for us to see. Amanda ran up to the dark shape and gasped.

"JACK! COME HERE RIGHT NOW!" She commanded and I knew there was no arguing. She was 2 min. older than me.

I ran to her side and caught my breath. No it couldn't be!

"Pick her up!" Amanda said dragging the lifeless girl from the sand.