To The Park We Go

*Still Jack's POV*

We played Xbox for around 45 minutes before Rose got bored of shotting inanimate people for things they didn't do and she said she was going to ask if she could go for a walk.

"You don't want to stay and hang out with us? We don't HAVE to play Xbox. We could play a board game." Drew said as she started walking towards the door.

"Notice the word 'Bored' in the name Board game." She said and I started laughing.

"I don't think it's the same meaning." I pointed out still cracking up.

She smirked. "I know. But really, that's what it sounds like."

"She's right." Drew agreed and I glared at him.

He always took HER side. Whatever happened to 'with you to the end, Man'?

"I need the exercise." Rose said. "You guys can come if you want to."

"Sure thing. We'll defanitly go!" Drew agreed readily.

"Go change and meet us at the front door." I said standing up and streching.

"OK. You guys grab snacks and water bottles." She said grinning and walking to her room.

"Bottled water." Drew corrected her.

"Does it really matter?" I asked looking at him like he was insane.

He shoock his head and we went down the get the snacks and 'bottled water'. Rose came down in the outfit she'd been in at my Swim meet and told us she needed a good walk. 

"How far are we going?" I asked.

"We could walk to my place and you could meet my mom!" Drew said eagerly. "She's awesome. It's not THAT far from here."

"How far is 'not THAT far'? Rose asked tieing her shoe lace.

"Oh only about... Uh... How far is it from here?" He asked me.

"Dude, it's like 10 or so miles from here!" I yelled. "Ther's NO way we're walking all the way there."

"Clam down sheez. You guys act so weird. We'll just go somewhere else. Any suggestions?" Rose said giggling.

"There's a park about a mile from here." I said. "It's not like a little kid play ground it's this really pretty park with flowers everywhere and cool statues. Then there's a pool, a tennis court, a volley ball court, and a club house about 1/4 of a mile from there."

"Sounds like a romantic place for a date." Drew said laughing.

"Oh shut up. You can't have a date with 3 people. Only 2 or 4 if it's a double date." I grummbled.

I was SO going to kill him if he didn't stop.

"So to the park then?"  Rose asked.

"To the park!" Drew said throwing his arm out like a knight with a sword.

Rose giggled and followed him out the door with me behind her.

"Do you think Amanda will worry if she comes back to your place and we aren't there?" She asked when we'd been walking for a few minutes.

"Where'd she go to?" I asked.

She hadn't told me anything about leaving.

"She went to the store to stock up on salad and stuff. Why's she such a healthy freak?" She answered.

"Oh. She doesn't like us eating junky foods becuas ewe both do very hard sport, Me swimming, Her surfing. She doesn't want us to get out of shape so she forbids us to eat junk food. I can't blame her but I really miss stuff like Doritoes." I answered.

"Just Doritoes! Man I would miss good cereal and my mom's amazing cookies!" Drew said.

He knew how bad the cereal in our house was from experiance. I did warn him.

Rose laughed as he ranted on and on about how bad healthy food could be and I chuckled a little, having to agree with him about most of it.

"So this is the place?" Rose asked when we'd reached the park breathing heavily from the uphill climb.

"Yep! Isn't it nice?" Drew asked gazing around happily.

"Sure is. It's also the best place to star gaze from." I answered breathing in the smell of freshly cut grass and the scent of multiple flowers.

"It's so peaceful here." Rose said laying down on the grass and closing her eyes.

I had to agree. It was peaceful here. Sadly that peace probably wouldn't last long.