Blank room

"You go wash off in the bath I ran for you and I'll get your clothes washed. Jack, can you get some of my clothes for her? I have a pile in the hall by the laundry room." Amanda ordered.

Jack grummbled as he walked off and Amanda led me to her bathroom. She's snagged the Master bedroom so her bathroom was huge.Amanda had made a wonderful bubble bath. I undressed and climbed into the hot water while Amanda gathered my clothes into a bundle and walked out to get them clean, closing the door behind her. I ducked under the water and felt my cut sting.

"What's in the water?" I asked curiously as Amanda came back in caring a neatly folded pile of clothes.

"Espon salt." she answered. "It was the only salt we had in the house."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Here are some clothes you can use while yours are washing. I figured you might want something to eat so I made you a sandwich. So when your finished just go to the kitchen. It's on the counter." She said sweetly.

I waited for her to leave then finished washing and climbed out to get dressed. Amanda's clothes were a little big for my small frame but I put them on anyways and looked at myslef in the mirror. My hair was dripping wet and the bandage on my head had a red splotch on it that was only getting bigger. The t-shirt and shorts Amanda had given me were baggy so I had a hobbo look. I laughed at myslef and then went out to the kitchen. A sandwich sat on a plate with a watermelon slice sat next to it. A glass of tea was seat up beside the plate. I grinned.

"Amanda said I had to give you a "tour" of the house while she ran out to buy you a futon." Jack said coming down the stairs to find me finishing off the rest of the tea. He looked at my crazy hair. "Um... Would you like a brush?" 

"Yes please." I answered sheepishly.

Jack found me a brush then led me around the house. I'd already seen most of the downstairs but the upstaris was new. Jack apparently owned that space and I could see why. The first room was a gaming room. A large flat screen TV sat against the wall in the middle of the room and chairs circled it. Almost every game system you can imagine sat under it. Games were stacked up on shelves all over the room and the lights could get dimmed.

"Impressive huh?" Jack asked obviously proud of his gaming room.

"What do you need all those game stations for?" I asked in shock.

"Gaming." He answered simply.

"Tell me something I don't know Captian Obvious." I said rolling my eyes. "Where's my temporary room?"

"Your room will be over here." Jack said leading me down the hall. I glanced around and saw that there were also 2 other bedrooms that came before mine. One looked lived in so I assumed it was Jack's and the other was like an office. Why would someone like Jack want an office?

 "What is the office for?" I asked.

"Oh, Amanda is big on my school grades so I use this room to get away from her." He answered a little too quickly.

 I looked at him suspisiously. He opened a door for me and I walked in. It was a blank room. No furniture sat in it and the walls were still plaster white.

"You'll have a bed once Amanda gets back. Since you won't be here long that's all you'l need." Jack said and left me stanging in the blank room all alone.

 He obviously didn't want me there.