There Really Might Be a Chance It's True

*Uncle Jack's POV*

"What!" I asked as Steven told me what he'd heard.

"Yes. It's true. We got a call from some guy named Gery Edwards. He said he saw Rose with his daughter and one of his swimmers. It seems to me that your niece ran away. Otherwise she wouldn't be out and about with people. Certainly not a young man." He said.

"Did Gery say what the boy's name was or where he lives?" Bobby asked.

"The only information he gave was that the young man's name is Jackson Switser, He's 17, lives with his sister, and drives a dark green truck. Mr. Edwards didn't say where this young Jackson lives but I'm sure we can find out." Steven said raking his hand through his blue hair.

"That's a lot of homes to search." Jacob said handing us all a mug of coffee.

"Neh, With all the people in the Police Station out there it shouldn't take more then... I'd say...3 to 4 weeks. So around a month." Steven said sipping the coffee.

I couldn't imagine a whole month like these few days. Without any sleep, working all day and night, I didn't think I could do it. But for Rose I'd somehow manage. She was the only family I had other then the fish. But they aren't real family are they?

"I still can't see why Rose would be out with some guy. She isn't interested in guys. Well, she likes them but she's never dated and she doesn't seem to want to date yet." The all knowing Bobby said.

"Chief," One of the policewoman said to Steven. "We've got a reporter here who says they would like to speak to you and the Uncle."

"Alright Kimberly, Tell him we'll be right out." He said.

"Show them in." I said standing up and smoothing out my hair.

"Do you think we'll have a lot of reporters here?" Jacob asked gulping down a large sip of coffee and sitting down next to Bobby.

"I don't know. I hope not. But if they don't come we might not find Rose." I sighed.

"We've already had two calls from the same place. It could be her." One of the policemen said.

"I'm not willing to stop the search for 2 calls Ethan." Steven snapped.

"Do you think that old man was telling the truth then Sir?" Bobby asked Ethan.

"I don't know, but he sounded sincere enough. That gives me hope." He answered.

"But what would she be doing going to the mall and to a swim practice with some guy? She's terrified of water." She asked.

"Well, I'll get two of my best detectives over there at the school. We'll see if we can figure out what's going on." Steven said. "Ethan, go find out where Paul's son is. He's 18 and we can stick him in the swim team. He's a good athlete so he should survive."

"Who's the other one?" Jacob asked.

"We need a girl. Hm.... Allison should do. Go get Allison. She'll be Wesley's girlfriend who comes to all his practices." Steven answered.

"Allison, Cheif?" Ethan asked.

"My younger sister!" He said.

"Ah yes Allison. She'll be perfect." Ethan said seeming to really mean it. "Do I have them start off right away or do I bring them here first?"

"Bring them here. There are a few things I need to go over with them." Steven answered.

"Yes Sir!" Ethan said and ran out the door letting the reporter in on his way out.

"Hello. I'm Stuart Erskens." The man said pulling out a tape recorder.

"Ear skins? What kind of last name is that?" Jacob asked choking on his coffee.

"Not Ear skins. Erskens." The man said.

"Sounds the same to me." Steven said pulling on his earlop.

Mr. Erskens stiffened but continued to smile. "Well, no matter. I'm here for an interview."

"Isn't your ear made of cartilage?" Bobby asked poking at Jacobs ear.

"Yes. It's only got three bones in it." Steven chuckled.

"OK guys let's not tease the reporter. Sorry about that Mr. Erskins *Laughter coming from Steven and Jacob* Let's just get started." I said glaring at the two guys.

Mr. Erskens cleared his throat.

"This is Stuart Erskens reporting live from the very home of John Francito." he said as Steven and Jacob burst into laughter.

"SHHH," I hissed. "You guys will ruin his interview."

"I have a few questions to ask you about the case on your neice." Mr. Ear skin... I mean Erskens said.

"Well, duh." Bobby sighed.

Mr. Erskens gritted his teeth.

This interview was going to be a long one. I could tell.