Gaming is my life

*Jack's POV*

Why had I agreed to this? As if one girl wasn't enough now there was another and this one WASN'T my twin. If this had been one of my friends we'd been talking about I wouldn't have minded but NO it was some weird girl who washed up on shore. What was up with that anyways? I grummbled to myself as  I walked down the stairs to grab a bowl of popcorn and a package of Dr.Pepper. I grabbed a phone on the way back up and dialed my friend's cell-phone.

"Yellow?" Drew answered when he picked up.

"Orange." I answered grinning.

"Jack! Whuss up my man?" Drew said exitedly.

"Amanda's left the nest. Wanna come over and get some serious gaming going?"

"Of course I would Bro. But I gotta finish work." Drew answered sadly.

"You're working on a Saturday!?! What's up with that?" I asked surprised.

"Yep man. My parents think it's good for me or something." He answered.

I groaned. "Well, alright man. I'll see ya later."

"Later Bro." Drew said and hung up.

Crap. I was left in the house to entertain myself. Rose or whoever she was still stood in the blank room. Shouldn't she have come down? I set the phone next to my bean bag chair and started down the hall.

"Rose?" I asked knocking.

A sniff came from the room.

"You ok?" I asked pushing the door open slightly.

There she knelt with her head bowed, crying.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked procceding into the room.

"I just *Sniff* can't see why I *Sniff* can't remember anything *Sniff* about myself! It's *Sniff* not fair! I want to go *Sniff* home but I don't even *Sniff* know where that *Sniff* is!" She sobbed. "And you *Sniff* have been so *Sniff* nice about it and I *Sniff* feel so *Sniff* bad about barging into your *Sniff* lives like *Sniff* this."

 I stood awkwardly towering over her thinking. I feel so mean now. Getting mad at her for changing things and here she is crying and telling me how nice I've been! I could just slap myslef!

"Look." I said kneeling next to her. "I know this is probably really hard for you. But we're here to help! You can stay here and regain you memories or whatever then we can help you get home. It isn't the end of the world. Besides if we're lucky then your parents are probably out looking for you right now and you'll be reunited and then you can go home with them!"

The look she gave me after saying that was priceless. I felt even worse for being so mean.

"Thanks for that." She said wiping her eyes and grinning.

Then she did something I didn't expect. She hugged me.

I coughed and shifted from one knee to the other then asked. "Wanna play Xbox with me?"

She laughed and sniffed again. "Sure I will Captian Obvious."