S I X T Y

| December 21st |
| A few weeks after the incident |

"I'm so fucking excited to be going back to Mexico dude!" Isabel throws her textbooks into her locker while I just listen to her.

"We're gonna celebrate Christmas in Mexico, throw fireworks, stay up late and walk around la plaza, comer enchiladas y tacos con una coca, todo guey!" She slams her locker door, making me jump.

She looks at me with a brow raised. "What's wrong with you? We've been planning this for awhile and you don't seem as excited as you used to be." She crosses her arms and leans against the lockers.

I ignore her and look straight ahead at the only person who had my attention without even realizing it.

Ethan was standing with Grayson in a group with Cameron, Aaron and Jack.

Ethan was leaning against the wall while he only listened to the conversation around him. His arms folded across his chest, the black long sleeve was tight around his arms, showing off the extra work he had been putting in lately. His faded black ripped skinny jeans showed off his long legs along with the tattoos he had around his ankles with his white shoes.

I look down before he catches me staring and I look back at Isabel who sighs.

"It's been weeks already Malia, you have to let this go for a bit. Maybe this vacation is what you really need in order for you to let go."

"I didn't say anything."

"You didn't have to. The look on your face said it all." We start walking to head to our last class, where ironically, all of us were in there.

"Isabel-"

"No, Malia. Stop it already. You two agreed that it would be best if you spent time apart to really figure it out and that's what you're gonna do." It's the last thing she says before walking to her seat and I sigh as I take a seat.

The rest of the class walks in, along with Ethan and Grayson with their friends but none of us make eye contact.

The teachers starts talking and that's when I zone out, thinking about the last conversation Ethan and I had.

| A few days after the Incident |
| Flashback |

"Is it true Malia?" The tears were falling down his face and all I could do was nod.

I can remember the pain we both felt tonight, gasping for air as we cried. The pain in our chests while I explain everything. The headache we have from crying so damn much.

But the pain was 10 times worse for him, nothing could compare to the pain he was feeling tonight now that I came clean to him about everything.

He stood up and put his hands on his face while he just cried for god knows how long.

He yells, a mixture of pain and anger. It's all evident. I cry harder as I bring my knees up to my face, burying my face in them.

He yells again and I get up and run towards him in an attempt to calm him down.

"Ethan, stop. Calm down...please!"

His face was red and soaked with tears. He grabs my hands and grips them, but not to the point where he's going to hurt me, just enough to bring my attention to him.

"You've been lying to me this whole time while I was really trying to make it up to you and prove to you that I would never try hurting you because I fucking love you but you were planning on going behind my back to screw me over at Prom! All the shit I've taken from other people just for you! I had your mom, your stepdad, Angelina, Mackenzie, Natasha, Nathan and even you at some points! You-"