T H I R T Y - F O U R

"Ya llegue!" *I'm here* I call out to my grandparents as I close the front door.

No one answers so I'm assuming they're asleep because my grandpa's car is still here.

I walk into the kitchen grabbing a canned soda and a bag of chips, taking it upstairs with me.

I walk into my old room, closing the door and I plop onto my bed with food in my hands.

I'm about to open the bag of chips when my phone rings and I quickly reach for my phone trying not to wake up my grandparents.

"Hello?"

"From the other side, bitch it's me."

"Isabel?"

"You know for being smart you're pretty fucking stupid."

"What the fuck do you want Isabel?" I put the food on the nightstand as I get ready for bed.

"Are we still going to New York tomorrow?

"Yeah, what time should we leave though?" I throw the extra pillows to the side and I change into pajamas.

"Around 6:00 in the morning? I'm trying to get away from my family for a bit so let's all meet up at my house and then we'll go from there."

"Alright then, I should go to sleep then so-" I don't get to finish what I'm saying because she cuts me off.

"How'd it go with Ethan?" I can tell she's anxious when she asks me and I sty quiet.

"He said he knew what was happening." I pick at my nails and I know she's going to blow up.

"That son of a bitch-and what happened next?"

Oh fuck

"He wanted me to give him one more chance."

"Wait, did you? Because I swear if you did I'm going to-"

"No! I didn't give him another chance." She sighs, laughing and I press my lips together.

"Thank god! I thought-"

"I told him I'd think about it."

"Malia!" she yells and I pull the phone away a few inches.

"He kissed me and it just happened! After we kissed he asked for another chance but I told him I would think about it...only if I had time away from him."

"One, you're a dumbass for letting him kiss you. Two, you're an even bigger dumbass for even considering it Malia. Look at everything that happened between you too! He has a kid with Mackenzie, do you really want that kid to call you it's stepmom?"

I scrunch up my nose and I put the chips and soda to the side.

I just lost my appetite.

"Isabel, at one point you wanted to fuck Ethan and Grayson...put yourself in my place."

"Alright fine, but I swear if any of them treat you like shit again I will personally cut off their balls off and feed it to them."

"Shut the fuck up Isabel."

"You know I'm not kidding either, remember Greg?"

"Oh god, how could I forget?" I cringe at the thought of what she did to him.

"Like I said, they better not fuck up or they'll end up like Greg."

"Okay, goodnight Isabel."