T H I R T Y - S E V E N

"Why did you wait so long to tell me about this?" His car is parked in front of a small restaurant with bright lights while we sit inside the car with the dark tinted windows.

"Well, you weren't easy to approach Mal." he chuckles, looking down at his feet and then looks at me.

"And it took around 3 weeks to get the information."

I start to remember those excruciating 3 weeks that I had spent crying and partying with random people while Ethan was probably at home waiting impatiently to get the information.

"Oh god." I mumble.

I'm literally the biggest bitch ever.

While Ethan was being loyal and waiting, I was getting drunk with other people.

"Ethan, I-"

"I know what you did during that time Mal, you don't have to apologize. I'm guilty of doing the same thing, remember when you left?"

I hesitantly nod and we stay quiet.

"Promise me one thing Mal, please?"

"Anything."

"Promise me you'll trust me next time. When all this drama happened, no one trusted me until Grayson had listened to my conversation with Mackenzie and I, that was when he believed me."

I turn to face him, unbuckling my seat.

"I promise."

I peck his lips, his cheeks turn red and he turns on the car.

"Gotta get you back home early, I don't want your grandparents to hate me." he chuckles, but I can tell he's scared.

"They don't hate you Ethan, they really like you. They're just disappointed because of the deal we made."

"In my defense, it was the best deal I ever made." he winks at me before taking off.

-----

Today would have been a year.

A year that Ethan and I would have been dating.

But shit happens.

Everything was going to be different this time. We were going to work through everything together.

And today was the big day, Ethan was coming over for dinner with my grandparents.

I'm nervous, yet I'm also looking quite forward to it.

'A dinner with my mexican girlfriend and her grandparents along with her half irish and italian boyfriend' As he said it.

It was 5 and we had reservations at 8, but I was getting ready early.

I swipe the mascara wand against my lashes, quickly letting my lashes dry off once I'm done.

My phone vibrates and the door bell rings meaning Ethan was here.

I smile running down the steps, almost tripping over my feet as my grandpa shakes his head and laughs as my grandma watches me.

I open the door, wrapping my arms around him. I reach for his hand and I pull him in. "Mama, Papa este es mi novio Ethan." *Mom, Dad, this is my boyfriend Ethan."

Ethan slowly walks in and I give his hand a squeeze pulling him in.

My grandparents stand up and come towards us.