Family?

The rumbling of the rickety Hummer almost lulls you to sleep. Almost. However, at this moment, your mind is a whirling storm of thoughts and questions, doubt and fear, excitement and anticipation. On each side of you is a friend, one who would be willing to give up anything for your sake. They watch you closely from the corners of their eyes, small encouraging smiles on their faces.

        "We're with you all the way, (Y/n). Remember that," the young orange fox says.

        You nod and swallow, (e/c) eyes growing wide as you take in a deep breath. The ride seems to be dragging itself out on purpose, doing its best to force you to submit to your most unwanted emotions. Escape, the air around you seems to say. Go back before it is too late. Whenever these feelings occur, either Sonic or Tails would squeeze your hand or rub your arm reassuringly, well aware of the negative thoughts riddling your mind.

        Soon enough the rough and bumpy terrain of the land transforms into the smooth asphalt of the city. It would have taken less time to arrive here had the Chaotix decided on a quick route, but they knew the slow pace would be easier for you to tolerate. Sonic allows you to lean over him without protest as you peer out the vehicle's window. The sidewalk is lined with various types of mobians, big and small, most of them staring at the Hummer as if knowing it is taking part in an event of great importance. Perhaps they recognize this Hummer as the detectives' and are wondering if the little (y/c) (y/a) is finally being brought home. It had been the talk of the month after all...

        "Vector, do you know where we are going?" the calm voice of Espio asks, snapping you and the rest of the passengers fully awake. From the back seat, you can see as the chameleon holds up a notepad with a written address—the address of your grandparents. "I am sure you were supposed to have taken a left three streets back."

        "Oh, Espio, I know this city like the back of my hand! Now, you just keep to yourself and I'll get us to the (Y/a)'s home in no time at all!" A humorous laughter follows at the same time Espio returns to his seat with a grave look.

        "You are going the wrong way."

        "No, I'm not!"

        Beside you, Tails groans and covers his ears, swishing his head back and forth in an attempt to drown out the quarreling adults. Sonic just picks at a bit of fuzz from the seat cushion with a bored expression, his emerald eyes half-lidded and hazy. "Meh. It's a wonder how these guys can even stand to be around each other all day," he mutters under his breath. Unfortunately for both you and the Chaotix, it takes an immense amount of time to finally discover the right street to the right house. But, at long last, the tattered Hummer of the detectives pulls off to the side of the road, right in front of a small, rundown residence. "Mr & Mrs (Y/a)," the broken mailbox reads.

        "Alright, kiddies, time to pile out!" The crocodile jaws stretch into a smile as the engine is switched off. "Be on your best behavior! And that means you, Charmy."

        "I have good behavior, Vector! What're you talking about?" Charmy asks in his usual high-pitched squeak. "It's not like I'm gonna break down the door screaming MISTER AND MISSES (Y/AAAAA), YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER IS HERE!"

        "CHARMY, SHUT UP!" Vector clasps a hand over the little bee's mouth and tosses him out the opened car window. The large reptile then twists around in his seat, giving you and your friends a humiliated grimace. "Sorry 'bout that, guys. Well, (Y/n), looks like it's time to be reunited with your family." 

        After giving a slight, anxious nod, you emerge from the Hummer to stand between your friends on the sidewalk, a bit unwilling to fully view the broken-down home. The three detectives walk past to approach a door with many cracks and scratches littered about it, respectfully knocking for the owners to hear. "Mr. and Mrs. (Y/a), this is the Chaotix!" Vector proudly announces. "We've brought your granddaughter, (Y/n)!"