Chapter 19: Matteo

Alarm!

I groan and slap the annoying alarm, shutting it off, and lay there thinking of last nights events. A satisfying smile spreads across my face as I think about the kiss Carina and I shared and I find it divinely liberating. Her pouty lips are soft and supple like a peach. I feel my black cotton boxers begin to tighten as my cock hardens. Thinking of Carina always does this to me. I've slept with plenty of women and I've never gotten this hard when I thought of them. I want Carina so badly, but I have to be patient. I grudgingly get out of bed and head to the bathroom. I'm going to have Venni help Carina pack her things and move them back to her apartment. I know she's going to be excited to have her life back, but a part of me wants her to stay here so we can be in our own little bubble. I step in the shower and start to brush my teeth. Venni is going to be her bodygaurd now so I know that's she's safe. One reason I've never had any serious relationships is because I've made enemies. I don't want anyone to get hurt for my wrongdoings, especially now and especially with Carina. I comb my hair and put on a gray suit with a white button up shirt. I look over to the clock on my nightstand and it reads 7:12 A.M.. I have a meeting at 8:00, so I'm happy I have time for breakfast and hopefully Carina is up. I need to run over some guidelines with her about our arrangements. No more bullshit rules. I leave my room and make my way down stairs. I hear a door close behind me, but when I turn to look nobody is there. Maybe Venni is in Carina's room talking to her. I shrug it off and head downstairs and into the kitchen. Toni is happily waiting for me with my usual cup of coffee, orange juice, and a plate of eggs, cinnamon toast, and bacon. I inhale the intoxicating aroma and sit on the high stool sitting at the island.

"Good morning Toni," I chirp because I'm in a damn good mood.

"Good morning Mr. Carson," he says with a huge smile on his face.

I silently eat my breakfast and glance at my watch. It's almost time for my meeting. I grab my mug of coffee and hurriedly head to my home office. I hate tardiness from anyone that works with me so I'm not going to make it acceptable for myself. As I enter my office the phone rings and I quickly run to it.

"Matteo Carson speaking," I answer stiffly. The voice of one of my good friends, Brandon Cartwright, booms through the reciever. He's been a good friend of mine since we were young boys. Our father's were business partners and good friends. His dad took over the company until I was 18 and Brandon and I remained good friends. His father, Jason, helped raised me but Venni made sure he never knew about the family business.

"Matt you should have came out with us last night! It was a lot of hot babes at the party. Carter got so shit faced," he says enthusiastically and I know the 'us' he is talking about is him and Carter. Brandon and I are the same age, but his cousin Carter Brooks, is a few years older than us. He's always doing something that lands him into some kind of trouble, and Jason always has to smooth it out. My skin crawls at the thought of what happened when he set an abandoned boat house on fire a couple years ago. Jason had to clean that up too. I shake my head erasing thoughts of the past.

"You've really got to control that cousin of yours Brandon," I state matter of factly. Brandon tries to keep him under control, but for the most part Carter's really reckless.

"Yeah I know, but I have a meeting with dad. I will see you at the gala this weekend," he says before hanging up the phone. That just reminded me that I need to ask Carina to accompany me to the gala. I know she's most likely invited, but I don't know if she's going. The office phone rings bringing me out of my thoughts. It's the phone call I've been rushing back to my office for.

"Mr. Lehew it's so good to finally hear from you."

***

It's mid-afternoon when I finish all my meetings. I hear the hustle and bustle of things being packed and moved while I'm on the phone. Carina's practically driving Venni to the point of insanity. He even came in my office and asked if I needed him. That stubborn woman is going to give the poor man a heart attack. I sigh heavily and decide that it's time to tell Carina the new guidelines. I pick up the phone and dial for her room.