Chapter 12: Carina

I found different ways to entertain myself in my room over the next four days. It took me three days to try on everything that's hanging in my closet, shoes included. It was fun considering the circumstances. I had Venni bring me in a step stool for my closet being 5 foot 5 is a struggle in a closet lined with so many shelves. It's also really peaceful here too. Yesterday I asked Venni to bring me a sketch pad so I could draw out ideas for the next collection. I might as well be productive while I'm here right? I was sitting on my bed doodling something that wasn't even a design, but an eye. I haven't drawn anything since the accident, yet for some reason I was doing it yesterday. The flashing light of the receiver catches my attention and I quickly get out of bed to answer.

"Yes Venni?"

"Miss Lehew I ask that you get ready for dinner. You will be dining with Mr. Carson and I this evening," he informs. Whats going on? I know I'm not being released this soon, but maybe Matteo has had a change of heart? Right, like that will ever happen!

"Oh. Well uh o-okay," I stutter and take Dr my finger off the black button. What can Matteo possibly want now? I've followed his rules and I haven't caused Venni any trouble. I sigh as I walk to the bathroom to shower and get ready for dinner. I don't know if I should wear something formal or if it should be something casual – hell if it were up to me I'd go to dinner butt ass naked just to get a rise out of Matteo. I may dislike him, but the man is sex on a stick. I wouldn't mind having his strong hands caress my naked body, so I imagine it while the hot water of my shower cascades over my body.

***

Picking something to wear is always a struggle for me, but since I know it's just dinner with a man that is the definition of cruel, I think I'll just stick to something a casual. I slip on my undergarments and skim through a rack of sweaters until I land on a knit black crop top. It's fitted, but not too tight, and stops a little above my belly button. I grab a pair of black loose lounge pants that graze the top of my feet and pull them to my waist. After I exit out of the closet and leave the bathroom, I sit at my vanity and examine myself. My eyes are a lot more clearer because I haven't been crying so I decide to put on a light layer of makeup. The bruise that was on my wrist is gone now so I decide to put on my Cartier bracelet. I want to look presentable at dinner with Matteo. I go for my usual face routine, skin tinting, concealer, and blush. I apply a few coats of mascara, some lip gloss, and a spritz of perfume. I am a girly girl one hundred percent. I want to look my best at all times and there is nothing wrong with that. There is a brief knock on my door and I instantly know it's Venni. I slip on my Chanel earrings and make my way back to the vanity to fix my hair.

"Come in," I say as I throw my hair up into a messy bun. A few strands are left out but I don't care to fix it.

"Dinner is ready Miss Lehew," Venni says popping his head in. I look at myself again in the mirror. I look casual, but fashionable at the same time. I put on some chapstick and head out the bedroom door with Venni right by my side. He has become a really good friend during my stay here. His presence makes the nervous knots in my tummy loosen a little. I follow Venni to a set of beautiful marble steps. Matteo lives in a two story? That's interesting. We walk down the steps and Venni leads me to the dining area. Once I sit down, he leaves through a door that leads to what I'm assuming is the kitchen, leaving me with my thoughts. I wonder what Matteo's home really looks like and if it's anything like what I've been imagining. For a man who's so cold, his home seems inviting and warm, kind of like the witches home in Hansel and Gretel. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and knowing it's Matteo, I look anywhere to keep from looking his way.

"Miss Lehew it's so nice for you to finally join us for dinner. Don't you agree," he asks. I quickly look down at my hands without even getting a glance at what he looks like this evening. There is no way in hell I'm getting paddled again.