Chapter 17: Matteo

I head downstairs with nothing but knots in my stomach. I'm so fucking nervous. Not because I'm going to tell Carina I want to pursue her, but because I'm scared of what she will say and how she'll react. The thought of her rejecting me and storming to her room makes my palms sweaty. I've never been rejected before. I'm a shark. What I want, I get. This is all new territory for me. I look at the gift in my hand as I get to the end of the steps. I hope she accepts it wholeheartedly and wears it with pride and not out of obligation. I know she loves Tiffany & Co. just as much as she loves Chanel. Venni gathered that piece of intel during the recon. I take a deep breath as I stop by the dining room door way. Here goes nothing.

***

As soon as I look up and see Carina, my stomach drops. She looks breathtaking and I can't help but stare at the beauty before me. She's looking down at her hands as always, and I let out a small chuckle. She looks so cute when she's nervous.

"Well Miss Lehew I'm happy to see that you've dressed so nicely for dinner as I asked before," I say as I sit down. I'm being honest too; well about the happy part. I feel like a teenage boy who has crush on the hottest girl in school.

"Oh please do call me Carina, and thank you for the dress. It's lovely," she says softly. Her soft voice is music to my ears.

"You're welcome Carina," I say. Tonight is going to be a night that will make or break me. If Carina turns me down I'll have to avoid her at all costs, but if she accepts everything I'm offering I'll be having my cake and eating it too. I know I'm not in love with Carina, but I just need to be around her to see if this is some temporary phase. Two maids with serving trays come out the door quickly, pausing the conversation I'm about to start with Carina. I'm going to have to wait until after dinner.

***
"Oh Carina that meal was amazing! Where did you learn to cook like that," I say as I lean back in my chair. I'm damn near full from all the delicious food. Toni might have some competition.

"Thank you. My grandmother taught me," she says through giggles. Her laugh chime through the dining area and my dick twitches again the constricting zipper of my pants.

"Carina I have some things I want to talk to you about. Is that okay," I ask getting straight to the point. The amusement that was in her eyes is quickly replaced with curiosity.

"Yes Matteo," she replies and she looks at me in search for a hint as to what this conversation pertains to. I know that look all too well. I straighten up in my seat – hell it's no point in chickening out now.

"Carina I know your stay here hasn't been the most pleasant. It's a new experience for the both of us honestly. I've never kidnapped a woman until you and I was overtly aggressive with you your first night here. That was very uncharacteristic, so I made rules to protect you from me. When I paddled you I felt even more remorseful. You are an annoyingly stubborn woman with a short temper, yet I'm attracted and intrigued by you Carina. I don't know what if this phase or something substantial, so I'm giving you a new option to choose okay," I declare honestly. All the nerves that were in my body slowly release with my confessions. I've finally told her how I feel, and her face is a mixture of curiosity and shock. I run my fingers through my hair nervously waiting for her to say something.

"What's the option," she asks curiously and I smile knowing I peaked her interest.

"Carina I think about you all day and night. I have this electric attraction towards you and I no longer want to ignore it. Surprisingly I don't want to hide it or push that feeling away. So Option 3: I will release you but only if you agree to seriously date me for three months. I want to pursue you Carina, but not while you're under my captivity. It's not fair," I say looking straight into those eyes of molten caramel. She looks down at her hands and squirms in her seat a little. I know she's thinking, because her forehead begins to crease. She looks beautiful with every expression she makes and I haven't grown tired of it yet. I hear her clear her throat, bringing me out of my trance.

"Matteo I honestly don't know what to say. You are honestly like Texas weather. One day you're warm and the next day you're as cold as ice, and I never know why. Can I please think about it," she says sternly and I know she's being honest because she looks confused. I let out a long sigh knowing I'm about to cave. This woman.

"Of course tesoro. Give me your answer at lunch tomorrow," I say softly. I prepared myself for this. I knew she'd want to think about it. I've treated her with disrespect, and now I'm asking her to date me. Who wouldn't want to think about it? I'd honestly say no if I was in her shoes.

"Thank you Matteo. Will you please excuse me? I'm very tired from cooking dinner all evening," she says with a smile. I nodded my head and she rises from the table. The dress I bought from her line looks exquisite on her. The soft fabric hugs her plump ass, her breast sit high and those thick thighs are begging to be around my neck. My dick begs for release as it strains against my pants. It's taking every fiber in me not to rip that dress to shreds. She walks passed me leaving when suddenly I see her slip. I act on impulse and grab her waist to steady her. Electricity bolts through my body from how we are and I look down at Carina's shocked face. Her molten eyes look deep into mine and my heart begins to race. My hold on her waist tightens as my other hand goes to her neck, but I don't dare take my eyes off of Carina's. The more I stare into them, the more I want to know her soul. She bites her bottom lip sending me on a wild rampage and I immediately kiss her. More electricity courses through my body as Carina put her arms around my neck as her lips kiss me back. Her soft lips part slightly and I dive into her hungrily. Remnants of dinner and the sweet champagne linger as I taste her. Hunger and want go into every kiss. She licks my bottom lip as our mouths collide and I grow with want. We kiss for what feels like hours until I pull away to breathe. Carina rests her head on my chest as I hold her. We just stand in the dining room in a comfortable silence. Carina feels so good in my arms. She makes me feel alive. My thoughts are interrupted when I feel Carina start to pull away. I let my grip on her waist loosen and she is soon out of my arms and walking away. When she gets to the walkway she stops and turns to look at me as amusement dances on her face.

"You won't have to wait until lunch tomorrow for your answer. I just gave it to you," she says smiling making my heart stutter. I smile and rush to embrace her.

"Thank you Carina," I say as my arms snake their way around her juicy frame. She laughs and hugs me back. She's perfect in my eyes. I release her and take the gift out of my pocket. I look at Carina and softly say, "Well if we are going to be dating I want to give you this."

She looks down at the small Tiffany blue box. I open it and reveal the necklace. I had it custom made for her. It's simple, yet beautiful, just like her. It's an emerald cut 14 carat blue diamond ring with platinum banding. I put it on an 18 inch platinum chain so she can wear it everyday without people thinking anything of it. I place the box in her hand.

"It's not an engagement ring, but a small token. I can't promise you anything, but I do want you to know how serious I am. Carina do you accept my gift," I ask looking deep into her eyes. I know don't want to hurt her anymore. I want her to be happy and I want to be the cause of her happiness. My only concern is that I'm already too much like my father to change. Carina hands me back the box and turns. Is she rejecting my gift? I look up as she piles all her hair up.

"Well are you going to put it on me or not," she says enthusiastically and I quickly take the necklace out of the box and place it around her neck. I let my fingers caress her shoulders after I latch the necklace together, and I even get a whiff of her sent and my mouth waters. God she smells good enough to eat. Carina turns with a huge smile on her face.

"Matteo this is the nicest gift anyone has given me. Thank you," she says softly.

"You're welcome tesoro. Now go to bed. We have a long day tomorrow," I say happily. I know Carina doesn't love me, but she shows interest in me. That means she could grown to love me. I watch her until she's soon consumed by the darkness of the upstairs hallway. Carina's partially mine now. All I have to do is open up and allow her to see the real me. Hopefully when that happens, she doesn't run away. Losing Carina is something I don't want to happen and I'll do anything to prevent it.