Chapter 33: Carina

It's been four months since I found Angela in Venice. She still looks beautiful as ever and my niece Dylan is just as beautiful. When I first found her I ended up passing out, but I woke up in my villa with her and Dylan sitting at the foot of my bed.

*Flashback*

It has to be a dream. There is no way that Angela is alive. I open my eyes and find myself laying in bed. I hear a small sneeze and my eyes snap to Angela and the small girl sitting at the foot of my bed. I immediately sit up and begin hyperventilating. What is going on?

"Calm down Cara. You're going to have a panic attack," she says leaning me against my pillows. She grabs my hand and places it on her chest. "Count," she demands. I start counting her heart beats and my breathing starts to go normal. Angie is wearing the locket I got her for her coming of age party. I touch it with my thumb and begin to cry. She pulls me into a hug and comfortingly rubs my back. After all this time she's been alive, but how? Why did she have everyone thinking she's dead? I pull away from her and look at her. She still looks the same except her hair is a few shades lighter and cut in a medium length.

"Why Angie," I whisper looking at my hands.

"Dylan come here," she says. The small girl crawls to her and sits in Angie's lap. I stare at the young girl and realization hits me. She's the spitting image of Brandon Cartwright. I look at Angie as she plays in Dylan's dirty blonde curls. "He and I were in love Carina, but I was terrified of what he would think of me being pregnant. I was two months when I found out and engaged to someone I didn't even love. I distanced myself from him hoping he'd get the picture, but he didn't. I was already four months and slightly showing the night of the fire. I hated doing it, but I had to leave everyone then. I was able to purchase a plane ticket and leave without anyone noticing it was me. I regret everything that happened, but you have to realize that I did it so that I could be happy," she says as a few tears escape her eyes. I process everything Angie just said and realize that I'm practically doing the same thing except I didn't fake my death. I squeeze Angie's hand reassuringly and smile at her.

"I've missed you so much," I sob. Angie pulls me into another hug and Dylan squirms as we squish her.

"Mommy you squish me," she squeals making Angie and I giggle. We separate and Dylan moves her hair out of her face.

"Dylan I want you to meet your Aunty Carina. Carina meet your niece Dylan Isabella Cartwright," Angie says nudging Dylan to shake my hand. Dylan stares at me before placing herself in my arms, and the gesture tugs at my strings. "She's sassy for a two year old," Angie smiles and I laugh as Dylan begins to pout.

"I'm three in October mommy," she says sending Angela and I into a fit of giggles. There is no way I'm going to leave these two now.

*End of flashback*

I urged Angela to come back home with me and she told me no at first so I decided to stay behind. I didn't contact my parents until I saw that they reported me missing. I called them and told them I was fine and that I was just getting some much needed rest after everything that happened with Matteo and working so hard on the junior line. My father urged me to call and talk to Matteo, but I told him it would be best if I talk to him when I decide to come home. He doesn't agree with my choice seeing as how he and my mother know I'm pregnant now, but he doesn't argue with my requests.

I'm seven months pregnant and really showing. Angela knew I was pregnant before I could even tell her. She says that it's because she has mommy senses, which I'm pretty sure means that she saw the ultrasound of their hearts in my purse. It took a lot of begging and convincing from both me and Dylan for Angela to come back home with me. It's high time I go back because my life is in New York. Matteo already sent his dogs out to check up on me every month. Their names are Michael and Luca. I know they are apart of the family business because they flat out told me they're "extended" family. Luca gives me the straight up creeps with his off putting fascination with knives, but Michael is less creepy so I'm okay. Angela, Dylan, and I are currently sitting on my fathers private jet. Angela is trying to build up the courage to get off the plane. I told my parents that it's best that we meet later at my house so that I can settle properly. They don't know anything about Angela and I'm sure that my mother will flip shit when she finds out.