Chapter 4: Carina

My hearing begins to slowly come back and I'm surrounded by silence as I drowned in the warmth of a blanket. I immediately open my eyes slowly and sit up. I don't know where the hell I am. Panic and fear wash over me as I recall the events that happened what feels like hours ago. I hear the door unlock and grab the lamp off of the nightstand beside the bed. A very large man enters the room and I throw the lamp at him with all my strength, which isn't much seeing as how whatever I inhaled has my body feeling like it's been sleeping for years.

"Miss Lehew please," he says dodging the lamp. How does he know my name? What the fuck is going on?! He approaches me slowly and I jump across the bed. He tries to grab me but I quickly dodge him. I run to the dresser and grab another vase raising it over my head.

"WHERE AM I," I scream angrily. I'm scared shitless right now, but I'm definitely not about to show it. Well not that much at least.

"Miss Lehew please calm down," he says not answering my question. He lunges for me making me drop the vase on the floor. I dodge him again and grab a small lamp off of the vanity.

"You come any closer and I'll hit you with this lamp," I warn him. He slowly backs away to the door and when he turns to exit I throw the vase as hard as I can, but I miss his head and it shatters against a wall in the hallway.

"Miss Lehew please calm dow-," but he's cut off. I decide that I'm going to make a run for it right then. I run through the room trying to open the windows but they won't budge. I run through the very large bathroom looking for a window but there isn't any. When I go back to the bedroom I try opening the windows again when suddenly a deep husky laugh hits my spine causing the hairs on my neck to stand. I turn slowly and gasp from shock. Matteo Carson is leaning against the doorway looking at me with an amused twinkle in his eyes. Sure I've seen his face in the papers, but that didn't do him justice. He's at least 6 foot 3 with a muscular frame, nice fawn skin, chiseled jaw, short dark hair that is neatly combed behind his ears, and ice blue eyes that are currently burning a hole through me. He looks devilishly handsome.

"Miss Lehew I see you're awake. We have not been properly introduced. I'm Matteo Carson. Pleased to meet you," he say with a smirk on his face. His voice is deep but it's a bit raspy - hell to be honest it's kind of sexy. I snap out of my state of shock and amazement and begin to welcome the returning anger.

"WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE," I scream angrily. Long gone are my dazed thoughts and I'm back to being furious. I mean who the hell does he think he is kidnapping me?!

"Miss Lehew please lower your voice. I know you must be frightened, but if I wanted to do you any bodily harm I would have by now," he says calmly taking me back some. Matteo Carson is someone very dangerous so I don't take what he says lightly.

I take a deep breath to calm my frantic nerves and ask, "Well Mr. Carson would you be so kind and inform me as to why I'm here?"

"So you can be civilized? That'll make your stay here easier. Please join me in my office," he replies with a devilish grin. My stay? What the shit is that supposed to mean? There is no way in hell I'm going to be staying in the same vicinity as this psycho.

I follow Matteo into what I assume is his office and he closes the door behind me. The horrid things I read in the papers run through my mind at the moment. He was charged with five counts of murder in the first degree three years ago, but they had no substantial evidence linking him to the crimes. They weren't just any regular old "POW! I shot you!" murders either. One man's body parts were chopped off, another man was skinned, and the other three had they're lips sewn shut and their hands cut off. It was very gruesome. The thought of it makes me quite queasy.

"Miss Lehew you're looking a little green. Are you alright," he asks with worry in his voice, but I'm sure he's just putting up a front. Why would someone like him show any consideration for someone other than himself?

"Yes I'm fine," I bite out. This guy scares the shit out of me, but I'm not going to let him know that. My Italian father would die of disappointment for Christs' sake!

"Okay. Now let's get down to business," he says enthusiastically. "You are here because of your father. He screwed up and failed to meet the deadline on his end of a business deal that he and I arranged earlier in the year. I am many thing Miss Lehew, but a push over I am not. I'm most definitely a man of revenge, so in return I had my bodyguard kidnap you. I want to give your old man some of the fire and hunger he clearly has lost. You only have two choices to pick from that will make your stay here tolerable. I may be a man of business, but I do not negotiate understand?"

"Wait a minute. My father made a deal with you for me," I ask extremely pissed.

He laughs, "No Miss Lehew. I simply took you because I feel like your father needs to suffer for his lack of effort."

As soon as those words leave out his mouth I reach across the desk and slap him. My parents have suffered long enough after the accident and now he does this to them? Fucking asshole! He grips my wrist hard and slams me back into my seat. His ice blue eyes are now a deep midnight blue. I can feel my face burning from the anger and embarrassment. The growing stinging in my wrist let's me know it's going to bruise. I stare at him shocked and fearful. He really just manhandled me.

"I've given you a nice room and treated you kindly, and in return you break my things and slap me? You will not disrespect me in my own fucking house. Are we clear," he says with venom dripping from every word. I can see the fire of anger in his eyes and nod my head in agreement. He releases his tight grip from my wrist and reclines back to his chair.

"Option one, you can stay here until I feel like your father has satisfied my hunger. You will remain in this house with no contact to the outside world. If you behave uncivilized I will not hesitate to punish you and increase your stay. Option two: I kill you and the police will find your body in Central Park. The choice is yours," he says coldly. Any sane person would obviously pick option one, but I honestly have to think about it. Lucifer himself is giving me a life or death deal, and both sound horrible. I sigh. Well option one I'm breathing, but not living. Option two I'm doing neither. I can't put my parents through more death.

"Option one," I whisper.

"Now for the little tantrum you pulled earlier, you are going to be locked in your room until I feel like you've learned to appreciate my kindness," he says flatly. Who does he think he is? God?

"Go to he-," my words are cut off by tightening around my throat. I grit my teeth trying to hold back tears. How did he move so quickly?

"I will not tolerate back talk. You only speak when I ask. You made your choice so I suggest you swallow your damn pride and live with it," he says coldly. "Or I could just go ahead and save myself the headache by killing you for the fun of it. Go to your room before I change my mind. Venni will be waiting there to lock you in," he says frustratedly. I nod my head and run to my new room throwing myself on to the bed as I enter.

Tears pour down my cheeks and I cry the hardest I've ever cried since the accident. I have never been manhandled and I most certainly have never been controlled by one. More tears flow down my cheeks as I sob. I don't know how long he's going to keep me captive, and I can just picture my parents faces when they get the news. This is my life for now.