Chapter 34: Matteo

The constant ringing of my phone wakes me up. I have Luca and Michael keeping tabs on Carina so it has to be one of them at this hour. It's been the longest four months of my life, and when I found out that she was in Venice I was relieved.

*Flashback*

It has to be a nightmare. Carina can't possibly be missing. She's safe as long as she isn't with or near me. How can I be so stupid to not have Venni with her? She's pregnant and fragile for Christ sake.

"Didn't you say that she went missing in Italy," Michael asks interrupting my panic filled thoughts. He's the only person I know who's good at finding people in every nook and cranny. If Carina is missing he knows where to find her. I urged Kenneth to wait a few more days to report her missing. I want to find her and bring her home, to our home, before any of this goes public.

"Yeah. It was in Milan," I grumble. Luca sits up at the mention of his mother's home town. He and Michael are the only two that constantly visit the motherland. Luca knows Milan as well as any of us, and Michael's family lives in Venice.

"Well I think now is the perfect time to make a little visit to mama," Luca says clapping Michael on the back.

"You two be careful. I will update you if we hear anything," I say as they put their jackets on to leave.

"Get some rest Matt. We'll find her don't worry," Michael says. He's the only one that can relate to what I'm going through. He's  married and has a little girl. If anything happened to them he'd be a mess. When I called an emergency table meeting I was a bit nervous to tell them about Carina and the fact that she was pregnant. I didn't want to drag her into this lifestyle, but she left me no choice.

After Luca and Michael left I went to Sophia's room to check on her. She isn't taking Carina missing very easily. I knock softly and she opens the door with a tear stained face. I pull her into a hug and she shakes as she cries. Sophia and Carina are very close and when I told Sophia what was happening and that Carina was pregnant she literally passed out. It's a lot for her to take in at such a young age. She wiggles out of my grip and wipes her face.

"I have some people looking for her. When they find her I will bring her home," I inform Sophia. She gives me a weak smile and nods her head. "Get some sleep. You have school tomorrow," I say playfully pushing her into her room and closing the door. I sigh as I walk upstairs. Where is my precious treasure? Are her and the baby safe?

I flip the TV on in my room to try and drowned out my thoughts, but what alerts me is what they are saying on the news. I angrily dial his number and wait for him to answer.

"Hello?"

"I thought I told you to wait a few days to report her missing Kenneth! If she was taken then they could seriously hurt her," I growl.

"Why do you care? You threw her out like trash! How dare-"

"She's pregnant with my child," I yell cutting him off. There's a long pause of silence. "You have no idea what you've done," I say coldly.

"I had no idea Matteo. I just want my daughter back," he sighs.

"Getting Carina back will be the least of your worries if anything happens to her or my child," I growl and hang up. I'm trying to contain my anger, but if Carina was taken, her and our baby are in more trouble than expected. I dial Michael's number.