Chapter 3: Matteo

I crack my neck as I sit at my desk studying the photos that Venni took of Miss Lehew when doing some surveillance. That jackass Lehew failed to meet the deadline on our  deal, and now he's going to suffer the consequences. He just doesn't know it yet. I hear a sharp knock on my door, and I know it's only Venni. All these years working for my family and the man still knocks. He arrived with Miss Lehew about an hour ago.

"It better be important," I say firmly. My staff never interrupts me while I'm in my home office, but Venni is the exception because he's practically family.

"Sorry to disturb you boss, but Miss Lehew is waking up," my bodyguard says popping his head through the door. The news grabs my attention immediately because she should still be asleep for another hour. Venmo told me how much work it was just knocking her out. Carina Lehew is a very gorgeous woman. She's a breath of merged Italian and African-American beauty with her tawny skin and thick brown hair.

"Oh good! Well when she does awaken bring her to me," I say with a smirk on my face as I place the photos in my desk. This is my first time ever kidnapping a woman. My Italian roots and pride would never allow me to do business with women. They're too emotional and I just end up bored. I'm a shark and I only work with others who are just as hungry as I am. I thought I was getting that from Lehew, but I think old age has gotten to him. He's too complacent. There's not enough fire in him. He honestly left me no choice in kidnapping his only daughter. I had Venni follow her around all month. From what he's reported back to me, paparazzi was the only problem, so I decided that the kidnapping would be less risky at night. Her walking home tonight played perfectly into my plan.

"Got it boss," he says as he leaves my office. Venni is a tall muscular man in his forties. He's been a faithful and loyal bodyguard since my father hired him when I was a young boy. Anything I've asked him to do he's done with no questions asked. He's one of the reasons I will never be convicted, and for that I am eternally grateful. I'm just about to make a phone call when suddenly I hear a scream and something break. What the hell?! I quickly grab my gun I keep attached under my desk and make my way out of the office. I reach the middle of the hallway and hear something else break.

"Miss Lehew please calm down," I hear Venni plead. Relief washes over me and I put my gun in my hip holster. When you're in my line of business you never know what to expect, but apparently it's just a mad woman. I inwardly groan and make my way towards the room I had furnished for Miss Lehew's stay here. Venni opens the door and I see a vase flying over his head, slamming against the wall.

"Please Miss Lehew! Calm dow-" he stops and his eyes widen once he sees me. "Uhh. Boss I tried to keep it under control, but she flipped shit," Venni says breathing heavily. She really has flipped shit and I can tell he's a tad bit shocked and frightened. It's usually men Venni interacts with so it's his first time kidnapping a woman as well.

"It's fine Venni. Have them clean the mess up out in the hallway. I'll handle it," I say amused. I can already tell this woman is going to be a piece of work. Venni exits the room quickly and I step in the doorway watching the scene before me. She's panicking and running through the room looking for a way out. Her brown waves are tousled and messy from her being knocked out, and they are currents going into a frenzy of shakes. It's actually quite fascinating to watch. She looks so frightened but she is extremely beautiful in that state. Any normal man would fall instantly, but I am not normal. I chuckle making her jump and turn to look at me.

Well this should be interesting.