Change comes (Continued 3)

The school bus, now also powered by liquid-fuel rockets, lands on the road in front of the McKnight's house.

THE BUS

The hydraulic door opens and Flip emerges with his new Post-apocalyptic 30's look.

The bus swiftly lifts off after he gets off.

The ROBOT MAILBOX in front of the house speaks upon sensing his presence.

ROBOT MAILBOX:     Hi, Flip! You've got no mail today.

EXT. MARIA'S HOUSE – DAY

Maria is waiting in her electric wheelchair by the door.

Despite the dizzying advancement in science, she is still dying. She is wearing a hat to conceal her baldness.

She smiles upon seeing Flip and wheels herself towards him with the push of a button.

MARIA:     Hey there, school boy.

Flip eagerly meets her and kisses her on the cheek.

FLIP:     Missed you, Mom.

INT. MARIA'S HOUSE/LIVING ROOM - NIGHT

Flip is watching the news on a television set that looks like a bulky transistor radio with a huge screen.

We get a glimpse of Maria preparing dinner in the kitchen.

MALE NEWS REPORTER:     (V.O.)   The blitzkrieg began Monday with German guided missile bombings on Moscow, followed by rocket-proppelled robot air raids and attacks by ground forces...