The eclipse (Continued)

The sun is now just a vague circle, its fiery corona glowing dimly at its perimeter.

Flip is frozen where he stands, startled by the blackout of the Sun.

FLIP:      A solar eclipse. Oh, boy! This is what they're talking about in school.

THE OCEAN

In the darkness we see the reflection of the total eclipse obtusely beneath the promontory.

Suddenly, the corona emits a dazzling aurora, a luminous ripple that rolls gently outwards to form a ring of light around the reflection.

Before it dissipates, more ripples emerge putting on a magical display of white and multi-colored lights.

FLIP

Sees the streaming aurora in the water. He looks up to the eclipse in the sky.

THE SOLAR ECLIPSE

The Moon still conceals the Sun but there is no sign of the aurora ripple.

Flip is perplexed. He stares back at the water...

FLIP:      Hey, what's going on?

THE AURORAL RING

Beams a brilliant light that shines perpendicular to the promontory, reaching several meters its upper foreground.

From the top, we see a hollow cylindrical wall of white light encircling the eclipse's reflection.

The portal is open.

Flip reels a few steps backward. His grip on the kite's string loosens.

HOLLYWOOD VERSION