When you touch the magic (Continued)

Outside the window, falling leaves are tossed and blown in al almost hypnotic pattern.

Magic is thick in the air one can almost touch it.

INT. MARIA'S HOUSE/ATTIC - DAY

Frozen by the window as she watches the unfolding spectacle, Maria looks one with the books, toys and other mementos either stacked or mummified in the large irregular space over a century.

SLOW PUSH IN on Maria as the day grows rapidly dark. She absently puts her hand on her lips. Bittersweet memories have her in a tight grip now.

A flurry throws the window open trespassing in the room like an exuberant child poised to wreak havoc in it.

The entire attic seems to wobble dizzily.

In Maria's peripheral vision, she catches a glimpse of something flapping. Slowly, half-expectantly, she turns to its direction and --

MARIA'S POV

-- we see a mysterious object mantled by white sheet, enshrined alone in a corner of the room.

BACK TO MARIA

She walks to the waiting object, pauses for a moment. Then she gently pulls the cover and lets it fall on the floor, revealing an old time-beaten wheelchair.

The white drawing paper (the one blown by the wind 78 years ago) is sitting on it. Just like Maria, the paper seems unaffected by time.

Maria picks up the paper, thoughtfully peers at a drawing that only she can see.

Tears begin to well in her eyes...

MARIA:      (V.O.)    It happened a long time ago when an eclipse opened the gateway to a magical world.

HOLLYWOOD VERSION