Dragon's mother

INT. HOSPITAL/MARIA'S ROOM - DAY

Maria, still looking so weak in the hospital bed, speaks her first words upon regaining consciousness.

MARIA:      Hey, little prince...sleeping beauty sure could use...a kiss and a big hug here.

Flip, not leaving her side for three days that she's been in coma, embraces her, planting a kiss on her cheek.

MARIA:      (V.O.)    Of all things the dragon in the boy has experienced on Earth, hugging the boy's mother is the one thing that gives him the most wonderful feeling. Being with the boy's mother makes him want to stay on Earth longer.

A pang of guilt tugs at the dragon's heart.

Thoughts and emotions battle in his mind. I must go home. But I want to be with my mother! But...

MARIA:      My prince is looking so glum today...a penny for your thoughtS?

Flip lets his head rest on her shoulder.

FLIP:      I want to be with you forever.

Maria chokes back her tears, not knowing that she's talking with a dragon that has come to love her as a mother.

MARIA:      Flip, we already talked about this. (beat) We all know...I'm dying. But I will always be in your heart.

Flip stares out the window in sadness that he has never felt as a dragon.

HOLLYWOOD VERSION