The soul switch

He trips on a rock and slams face flat on the ground.

He rolls over, hyperventilating, props himself up on his elbows, tries to get up...

FLIP:      C'mon, c'mon, c'mon -- I'm running, I'm running!

...but the dragon's finger gently tags him on the head. Gotcha!

Flip gasps, paralyzed by the dragon's touch.

A blinding white light explodes at the point of contact, giving off bursts of pure energy that radiate through space in waves.

As these waves oscillate, we see tongues of fire, magical shapes and symbols appearing and vanishing.

And we can hear the light breathe. It is alive.

MARIA:      (V.O.)   So the dragon switched souls with a boy.

Flip's eyes turn into pools of flickering flames without burning him.

EXT. NEVERTOON/THE MOON - TIMELESS

Roku's eyes flow with brilliant rainbow-colored light that swirls inside them.

Roku swiftly withdraws his hand, putting an abrupt end to the thunderstorm from the ocean.

The exchange of souls is now complete.

(NOTE: Hereafter, FLIP refers to the boy with the dragon's spirit; ROKU is now the dragon with the boy's spirit.)

EXT. NEVERTOON/CLOUDS - TIMELESS

The kite crashes on a cloud in the world of magic.

A lightning at the kite's cloud breaks the moment, rejecting the foreign object.

HOLLYWOOD VERSION