Chapter XVII |Don't you?|

(Low key boring, the confrontation isn't good either)

Both of the boys were quietly sitting in Kirishima's room, an uncomfortable aura surrounding them.

Bakugo didn't want to talk to his friend. He thought that by crying his eyes out over the fact that he actually cared for him he had shown that he wasn't at all as fierce and powerful as he made everyone believe he was.

Kirishima wasn't acting calm either. He was completely concentrated on Bakugo, though he didn't know what exactly he could say to start up a conversation.

It's not as easy as saying 'Hey I almost just died, what else is new?'

Lucky for the both of the guys, Kirishima's family was visiting his grandparents and weren't returning for about three days which meant they both could get through with everything that had happened.

If only they knew how.

"Look, we can just forget any of this ever happened and go to sleep. I'll make sure you are okay in the morning and then go back to my own home so I don't bother you anymore." after a long pause Bakugo finally said something.

Disrupted from the silence, Kirishima couldn't react at first, but once he saw that Bakugo was about to go to sleep and leave everything that had happened behind again, he had to stop him.

"Bakugo, I get that you aren't the type of person who openly talks about his feelings with anyone at all, but I have noticed that you are acting differently since the first time I met you. Well, I mean, the first time after I lost my memory, that is.." Kiri said to his friend, though he didn't seem to pay attention to it at all.

"I am... tired. Besides there is literally nothing to talk about." Bakugo coldly replied and once again started to get under the covers.

"But there is! Bakugo, I almost just died for freaks sake! I... well, at least from what the other guys are saying, am or used to be your best friend. Didn't we use to talk about some things we weren't feeling too good about? I-isn't that what best friends are for?" Kirishima wasn't about to let the chance of talking things through with Bakugo once and for all.

"If you really were my best friend or whatever, you'd know when to stop and shut up." Bakugo raised his tone a little which made Kiri slightly cautious.

"Well... what if for now I'm not your best friend. I'm just a... an annoying person who wants to help you by squeezing out every single piece of frustration from you until you feel better and life isn't as bad as it seems to be. Tell me how you're feeling, Bakugo! Maybe I can hel-"

"I don't need help!! Besides, you wouldn't understand anywa-" once again, Bakugo realized he had said too much.

He lied on his mat on the floor, facing away from Kirishima to avoid unnecessary eye contact.

"Bakugo. Please, talk to me. I... I could've just died, but... you saved my life! This is the least I can do to repay you for saving me from being gone. I.. want to be useful for once." Kirishima slowly started sobbing and big sad tears started making their way over his cheeks.

"It's... not that easy to be the best in class, you know. I am... scared too sometimes... I feel useless, and used and I can't complain, because I have done so many bad things to others that I just can't let anyone know I'm just as fragile and broken as the rest of them." Bakugo slowly murmured from his position on the floor.

"I mean, it's not that you'd remember with all that mess in your head right now, but I treated everyone in our class- Izuku, the other guys and you too- like someone who's worthless and shouldn't be called a hero." the boy shrugged under the covers and kept quiet for a few moments before sighing and saying: "There, I said too much again. Now you're only going to laugh at me because I'm weak and I am no better than anyone I know."

Bakugo's eyes started to get misty. That mist soon turned to small tears and soon enough he had started to cry.

"Bakugo, I... I don't think you're weak. You are one of the strongest people I know and I know I can rely on you. You are thoughtful, though you don't usually show it like other people, but that's ok! Everyone has their own way of expressing themselves and this is yours. It's ok that you aren't the same as everyone, because then, you wouldn't have that one thing that makes you special." Kirishima said with tears still falling down from his eyes on his clothes until he was surprised by something.

Suddenly, Bakugo had gotten up and hugged Kirishima from the front, pressing his head against his stomach. Once again, Kirishima was very surprised but didn't hesitate to hug him back almost immediately.

Bakugo's grip suddenly tightened which made Kiri slightly uncomfortable. He let go shortly after that and sat down, making eye contact with his friend.

"Kirishima, I have to tell you something! It has been bothering me ever since you told us you got amnesia." he shouted out very suddenly, forgetting that his face was still wet from the tears.

"Uhh, s-sure. What is it?" Kiri seemed confused.

"You said that you didn't know how you got injured right? Well, we both were going to look for Izuku the night he got lost. When we were going through the city we started arguing about how I don't treat him right and how I am a bad person towards him. Then you collapsed and I called the ambulance. That must've been your quirk going crazy or something. All this time I have been feeling like all of this was my fault and I didn't want to tell you because I thought you might start avoiding me and I didn't want to lose you too." Bakugo hesitantly explained and looked down again, as if waiting for Kirishima to scold him.

"I... thanks.. for being honest. But.. 'lose me too'? What's that about?" Kirishima took Bakugo's hand and looked him in the eyes.

Bakugo blushed and seemed to be stressed out over his question. "I- no, no this is too much. I shouldn't give you some problems that are for me to solve." he tried to brush off Kirishima, but he wasn't about to let him go.

"Tell me. What is it about you and Izuku? I need to know."

Bakugo started crying again. He looked at Kirishima who was closely looking at him. After a little moment he pulled the boy back into a hug.

"What.. the fuck are you.. doing now?" the boy whispered in between loud sobs.

"Even if I have amnesia, I would be a heartless asshole if I couldn't recognize these tears." he said while his head was on Bakugo's shoulder.

"Izuku... you love him, don't you?"

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●
Eugh. Gross. This chapter is just as forced as my happiness.

Ehh I don't like this one. It's boring as fuck compared to the two previous ones. And the confrontation wasn't even that good hhhhhhhhhh.

Ok, I'm off to die. Have a nice day.. or night.. idfk

Art credit:_krisschan on Instagram

Leave your opinions/thoughts/suggestions in the comments!  

Cya!
~Craptchy