1K special chapter |Birthday|

(These events are a compilation of flashbacks Izuku had while he was still at home after he left the rehab establishment)

Me and mom were preparing for my birthday party that day. It was sunny, very warm and I was so happy to have my friends come over and celebrate.

"They should be here at any moment now, Izuku-dear! Everything's in place, right?" mom said to me.

"Yep mom! I'm so excited Kacchan is coming! He is so cool! I wish I get a quirk like him one day! Maybe that will happen today!"

"I'm sure it will, Izuku!" she said to me and turned around to go inside our house.

I stayed outside and waited for my friends from class to show up. I sat on a bench and looked over our yard. Everything was perfect.

After a little while, I heard someone by the gate. It was Bakugo and two of his friends that I used to play with too - Seki and Utsu.

"Hey guys! Welcome to the party!" I shouted so they could hear me and they did. They turned their heads towards me and started to run my way.

The two boys grabbed me and hugged me wishing me a happy birthday. Bakugo stopped right before me and waited on them to release me.

He then reached out his hand, waiting for me to shake it. Just as I was about to do so, he activated the quirk on that hand and made an explosion.

I fell back a few steps in surprise. My eyes closed completely shut. I got a little scared. But then I heard his voice again. He was laughing.

"Hahaha! Deku, how many times are you going to fall for that trick? It's really funny when you are scared! It's just my quirk." Bakugo said to me while still laughing a little.

"Hehe.. good to see you Kacchan! That was really funny!" I said while looking my friend right in the eyes.

"Hey hey! Don't forget about us!" Seki shouted at me with Utsu peaking from the back of his shoulder.

Mom came out in the yard and went closer to the four of us. "I see your friends have arrived, Izuku! So, what do you boys wanna do first?" she said and looked at the guests.

"How about we go to the river and try to catch some fish! I even brought my net!" Utsu excitedly looked at my mom.

"Yeah! My dad said that this time of year there are most creatures awake! I want to catch a fish so we could cook and eat it later!" Seki agreed, but looked at Bakugo first.

He giggled a little and looked at Utsu. "Well then what are we waiting for? If Deku's mom says we can, we should go before it gets dark." he said, took my hand and started leading me to the gate so we could go to the nearby river.

"Just be careful, kids! Be back in three hours or I will go and search for you!" she shouted from the back and went back inside. I waved a small goodbye and we were out of our yard.

The day was so sunny and bright. I didn't want it to end. I just wanted to stay by my friend Bakugo my whole life.

Little did I know he only saw me as a weakling. Four years later I knew he had changed. I didn't even know how or why, he just did.

It was my birthday again. The weather wasn't as pleasant. It was dark, the sky looked as if it was about to rain. It was cold, even though it was summer.

"Hey Deku! Heard it was your birthday. I would congratulate you, but I doubt this day is worth celebrating. At this point, you're going to stay quirkless all your life." I heard his cold voice behind me.

"K-kacchan.. I didn't see you there." I turned around and stopped to look at him.

"Tch. You're just as dumb as you've always been. Just as quiet and weak." he said and laughed at me.

I didn't know what to say. What to do. How was I supposed to feel about his words?

I started crying. Heavy tears fell from my eyes onto the gray ground and sinked into the concrete.

Bakugo wasn't surprised at all. He looked up at the clouds for a second, as if he was checking the weather.

"Pffff hahaha! If it would've started raining, I'd just think it was the weather, but here you are - crying like a small baby. You don't change, do you? All these years and you can't stand up to anyone." he laughed it off.

I started crying more. And more and more and more. Tears wouldn't stop streaming over my cheeks.

Bakugo took the bottom of my chin and lifted it up to look at my face. He made a fake sorry face and let it go. With the same hand he grabbed my shoulder and pushed me against the house wall we were standing next to.

I was surprised and stopped crying for a second. I looked up at him again. He looked victorious.

"Hehe... Look at you. You look pathetic. Nothing much has changed, really." he smirked and leaned in.

I closed my eyes and breathed in quickly. Even though I couldn't see, I felt him there.

"Back then. You did it just so I would get hurt, didn't you. Back then, you cared only for yourself. Am I just a toy in your eyes? Is that what I am?" I pushed Kacchan's hand off my shoulder and wiped off my tears.

I wanted to go home. Away from him. He had caused too much trouble for me anyway. Nobody in school wanted to talk to me anymore. They only laughed at me now.

I felt a hand on my shoulder again. It was stronger than before. It, of course, was Kacchan.

He turned me around and pushed me to the ground. The rough concrete scratched my palms.

"Don't think I'll let you go that easily. You said it. You looked right into my eyes and said that you loved me. I'm not the bad guy between the two of us. You are the one who cares only for himself." he bent down and whisper-talked next to my ear.

Kacchan got up and sent one last look my way. "You can try to fix this but I doubt you will. You've messed it up."

He walked away. I was left there on the ground. My hands turned red and started bleeding a little. The tears returned. This time they wouldn't stop.

I felt water start to drip on my head and clothes. The clouds were dark gray and it got cold all of a sudden. It started raining.

I got up and ran back home trying to hide my face from mom. I don't think she noticed, but she must've heard me cry in my pillow that night.

Kacchan made me think I was a bad person. Instead of staying quiet he had to tell everyone in class.

Oh Kacchan. What did I ever do to you to deserve this. I only tried to get close but you pressed me away. It's not my fault I don't know how to handle myself.

I was young and dumb. Weak to realize you were making me to be that way. You were the toxic part of me that I never should've had. I always thought of you as more than a friend. Turns out you can never love someone who loves you back.

Now I'm here. In my room where I will probably rot to death anyway. At least I won't be hurting anyone once I'm gone.

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●

Hehehehe. Can someone see a parallel? I sure as hell do.

(It's to 'My Memory' if I really am the only one.)

This chapter is a special gift for my girls EstereeB and maijuks_999 on their birthday! Hope you liked this chapter and had a great day, my sweethearts!
(Sowwy but you have to cry a little on your birthdays too, it's healthy. I do it all the time!😄)

If any of you happen to have your birthday today, this chapter is also meant for you!

Alright! As for everybody else who reads this, thank you all for existing! You're doing a great job! Love you all!❤

Art credit: I feel bad for not knowing who it is😓

Leave your opinions/thoughts/suggestions in the comments!  

Cya!
~Craptchy