Chapter III |Was it You|

(If you are triggered by death, I suggest you skip this chapter)

Though he tried to, Izuku couldn't fall asleep. Something about staying at Uraraka's home felt unusual and wrong.

He tried to fall asleep for about four hours before giving up on it. He sat up on the couch and looked at the clock hanging on the wall.

23.40

The green haired boy couldn't stay there any longer. Trying not to wake up anyone in the house he quietly walked to the corridor where he had left his jacket and shoes.

As he was reaching for the clothing he felt someone staring at him from the back of his head.

"Where are you going, Deku?"

It was Uraraka. Once again, concern was sensible in the young girl's voice.

"Oh, Ochaco! Why are you up?"

"Same goes for you, broccoli boy."

"Who asked first, cinnamon hair?"

"Don't laugh, but when I can't fall asleep I sometimes walk around the house. I don't know why. I just feel safe if everything is in place. So, why are you awake?"

"I... don't know. I couldn't fall asleep so I thought I'd go. I feel weird staying here."

"Where did you think you could go this late at night? Everyone is already asleep."

"Yet here you are."

Uraraka giggled a little.
"Don't question a girl! We do a bunch of stuff guys don't know about."

"Oh, so you manage to hide it even from Mineta. Impressive." Izuku folded his arms and looked at the girl with a challenging grin.

Uraraka laughed a little louder, then whispered while still grinning a little: "Stop, my parents are asleep!"

Izuku gave his friend a heartwarming smile. Then his head tilted to the ground again.
"Sorry. I just thought I'd go home. My mom must be worried."

Uraraka suddenly realized that they didn't even tell Inko that Izuku was alright and was staying with her.

"Oh my, she really must be. Then... yeah, you should go. Please don't do anything stupid!"

"Don't worry, I'm gonna be alright. Sorry I made a mess."

"That's ok, I'll clean it up."

"Thanks."

Izuku quickly dressed up and unlocked the door. He sent the last look to his friend, but she quickly ran up to him and hugged him from the back.

"Stay safe, broccoli boy," she giggled to herself a little.

"I'm gonna be fine, I promise. If anything happens, don't worry about me."

Izuku walked out the door and waved to the girl after he crossed the fence. She waved back, then closed the door and went up to her room.

The streets were grim and dark. The street lights shined down on the road and illuminated the puddles from melting snow and the light spring showers, though they didn't make it much brighter.

Izuku slowly dragged himself around the neighborhood, trying to find a buss stop to help him navigate his way around.

He didn't have anything to contact anyone with, he couldn't pay for any services because he left his wallet and phone at school.

Some late taxi drivers rid past him, but the young boy wasn't interested in taking a cab home.

After all, his home was only a few bus stops away. Although he was tired, he didn't consider it a long distance and was planning to walk home. Besides, it wouldn't have been the first time he walked such a long distance.