XXIV |That Cold Night|

It had gotten a little colder outside. Several cold wind streams swayed his hair back and forth. He heard as the door clacked shut behind him.

Hearing the sound caused him to flinch. He straightened up his back and quietly cleared his throat, before he turned his head to the side, revealing his lightly freckled skin. Izuku.

"Thank goodness you're here. It was really getting cold. Weren't summers supposed to be warm? I guess the first ones were warmer, don'cha think?"

Usually hearing his voice calmed him, but now it was motionless. It was cold and wasn't fragile anymore.

"I wanted to make things clear! I'm sure you heard me then. I'm all alone and there's nothing I can do to hurt you so... can we just talk?" after a moment Bakugo decided to speak up.

"But of course I heard what you said. Nothing you say ever goes unnoticed. And believe me, I've been dying to hear what was the reason behind that lie."

Izuku stepped a little closer to the edge of the building and bowed down to peek over it's edge.

"To fall from here wouldn't be that hard, yet you could pay your life for that alone. Interesting, isn't it?" he said while standing dangerously close to the flat roof's side.

Bakugo's eyes widened.

"What are you doing! Izuku! Don't you ju-"

He was interrupted by a strong glare coming his way. The dark green eyes piercing right through him.

"Oh! You thought.. I was gonna jump? You seriously thought I'm that desperate?" Izuku had turned to face Bakugo with a strong and independent posture, making him more intimidating.

Izuku lightly jumped off the small lift on the edge of the building and came closer to his classmate while keeping a close look on him. Only when he stood an arm reach away from Bakugo, the boy whimpered and stepped back, looking away from him.

"Look me in the eyes, damn it. Do you think I'd commit suicide just because of you? I'm not some depressed schoolgirl who'd do that because her crush didn't like her back. But I am curious... what did you mean when you so suddenly confessed to me out of the blue?" he said while still keeping a close look on the tired boy, though Bakugo didn't look like he wanted to answer.

Suddenly Izuku raised his hand up and forward, grabbing Bakugo's neck and pushing him against the wall behind him. 

"What the fuck did that mean, Bakugo!? Were you just mocking me? With your cursed mind games and manipulative voice! Did you just say that to confuse me all over again?" he said while gripping harder on Bakugo's neck with every second.

"Of course.... I do, y-you idiot..." the boy let out, reaching for the last breaths of air. Even though he was fighting against death, he noticed something.

Is Izuku... crying?

Just as he thought about it, Izuku looked back up at him with a terrifying glare and tightened his grip around Bakugo's neck even more. 

"Well, I'm sorry... but I haven't felt that way towards you for a long, long time..."

"Goodbye, Bakugo..."

The boy noticed Izuku had activated his quirk on his other hand and he knew he was about to hit him, but he couldn't move. He was tired and weakened. He couldn't move even if he wanted to. Bakugo closed his eyes shut and waited for Izuku to strike him.

Suddenly Izuku's hand loosened and Bakugo was roughly thrown on the ground. He couldn't see anything still, the moment of surprise hadn't been long enough for him to recover from the pain. Even though he couldn't see, he could hear everything clearly.