5K special |Bakugo's story|

How did I get myself in this mess?

Everything was going so well but now, suddenly I have myself cought up in a mystery drama.

What changed?

I first met Izuku when we were little. Our mothers knew each other, so we spent a lot of time together. Not by choice at first, but we started to grow fond of each other. I know I made fun of him all the time, and I don't know if he took it the wrong way or not but he always stayed by my side.

That was something I always would remember.

At some point, when I was still a small child, I finally got my quirk. Me, my family and friends all were proud of it, because it was so powerful and unique. But all everyone could see was that I could make my hands explode.

To Izuku it was so much more.

When we would hang out, he'd tell me a lot of things about my quirk, about how it was very powerful, much so I could even manage to get into the prestige U.A. hero high school when I got older, which I used to think was just smooth talk to get the better of me.

In time, Izuku started to get interested in heroes, their quirks to be precise. He even started to collect information on them, pictures of the heroes in action, write down important details about them.

His unusual hobby then seemed a little funny to me, so I made up a nickname for him, starting to call him Deku, instead of Izuku. This went on, and I still had no idea of why he was collecting those things, until we started middle school.

Me and Izuku got into the same school again. I made new friends, but he started to get isolated from the class, becoming the loner. He was still making those weird notes, though that wasn't the strangest thing to happen to him.

He still hadn't shown any signs of a quirk.

Every time someone would ask him about his quirk, he'd brush it off and continue with another subject. Some students even tried to ask about it to the teachers, but that was of no use, since the personal documents were stored with the principal, who had no right to show Izuku's data to regular students.

Most of the students started to grow suspicious of Izuku being quirkless and even though I didn't want to believe it, I started to think about it too. My mind was in constant war with itself for a while until I managed to get the answer out of Izuku.

He didn't want to at first but he admitted it to me, that he couldn't have a quirk. 

That was where I made my first big mistake.

The next day when he came to school, he was greeted with a swarm of our classmates approaching him at the same time, asking him questions like "Is it true, Izuku? You're quirkless?" or "I knew it, he was just too embarrassed to tell anyone!" or "No wonder he's so weak, he wouldn't even hurt a fly!"

Instead of coming to me to scold me or being upset with me, Izuku just embraced it. I would even tease him for it, but he didn't do anything to stop me. He continued to be nice to me and seeked help from me when he needed it, like nothing had happened.

He liked me just as dearly as he liked me when we were children. And before the end of the first year I realized that I had the same kind of feelings for him.

I denied it at first, saying that I liked him like that because we were friends, but with time I realized that it wasn't even close to that. 

I... loved him...

I was young and I didn't know what to do with my feelings. I had fallen in love with the guy I was supposed to hate and I decided to keep my feelings to myself, though after some time I realized it wasn't working.