Chapter VIII |Down Memory Lane|

(Another boring filler, if you will.)

Bakugo woke up thinking he was the only one awake. The strong and hot summer sun was burning through the window in the room. He closed his eyes and moved to a place where it wasn't exactly blazing in his face.

The boy took off his blanket and looked over to the electric clock on the shelf in Kiri's room. It showed that the boys had been sleeping until 9:36 am.

Bakugo looked over to his friend, sighed and got up to get out of the room. For his surprise, Kirishima heard him and turned to face him, a relieved, loud sigh leaving his mouth.

"Oh thank goodness you're up! I don't have to keep quiet any longer." Kirishima quickly said and sat up.

"You weren't sleeping?"

"No I couldn't fall asleep tonight at all. Maybe it's because of the weather or something. Haha, and I thought I could finally relax from everything that happened last evening."

Bakugo took a closer look at the sleep deprived boy. His eyes were constantly falling shut and he didn't seem to focus on him easily.

"Are you sure you're okay? You look like me after studying for one of Aizawa's tests, but worse." Bakugo sarcastically said in a monotone voice and chuckled.

"Shut up. It's completely fine. I just need to wash up and eat, that's all." Kiri said back and pushed the blanket off of him as well.

After the both of them cleaned up and had breakfast they started to dress for going outside.

"Won't you change your clothes? You slept with those after all." Bakugo said to Kirishima just as they were about to leave.

"Nah. That's extra work. Why not wear the same thing as I did yesterday? It's not like it's dirty or anything." his friend shrugged and continued to put on his shoes.

"I literally saved you from certain death while you were in that shirt."

"O-oh. Well, if you put it like that then... yeah, be right back!" Kirishima ran into his room and quickly changed his clothes.

After a little while both of them were already outside and going in the direction of the Nashiroma hospital.

About then Kyoka called them.

"Kirishima, hey! It's Kyoka. Me, Uraraka and Iida are going back to the hospital to see Kaminari. Also we should think of what to do next. You know, since Midoriya is apparently a villain now."

"Yeah me and Bakugo are already on the way."

"Bakugo? Did you both meet up early or something? His house is very far from yours after all."

"Oh, no. Bakugo stayed at my place last night. He- uh... he didn't want to go all the way over to his home so I let him crash." Kiri stuttered a little once Bakugo shook his head, as if to say not to tell them.

"Right. Anyway, we'll be waiting for you there."

"Sure thing! Bye!" he hung up.

"Why don't you want me to tell them? It's important." Kirishima asked his friend out of confusion.

"What? Me running and trying to get away from you while putting you in danger and thinking only of my own well being is important? Yeah, you can tell that to Kaminari and the others. That'll sure make me a better person in their eyes."

"You saved my life in the end, didn't you?"

"Yeah, but that won't get the spotlight if we tell them. They'll only think I am more of a jerk than they already knew."