'I just don't want to get hurt again.'

I flutter my eye lids open and tighten my grip around Justin. Wait? Justin! Eugh he must of spent the night. My moms going to kill me. I feel his lips press against my forehead and I can't help but smile.

'Morning' he said on my head.

'Yeah, morning.'

'How are you feeling?'

Oh yeah that's right. Jake. I let out a sigh and hide my face into his neck. He kisses my head again.

'Alright, I guess.'

'LAUREN? Lauren are you up yet?' I hear my mom shout

Holy crap.

'Come on!' I whisper at Justin standing up. 'Just a minute mom!'

I grab his hand pulling him up from the bed? Looking around the room. Where could I hide him?

'Lauren what's going on in there?!'

My closet yes! I push him in and close the door. I hear him laugh lightly

'sssshh!' I whisper yell.

I go over to the door and unlock it

'Hey Mom what's up?' I ask leaning against the door frame

'Who were you talking to?'

'I-Uh.' think Lauren. 'I was just on the phone to Lilly.'

Nice save Lauren. Nice save.

'Oh, okay. I'm gonna head to work take care of the house'

'I will mom'

I stand up normally and kiss her cheek. She smiles and I close the door behind me letting out a long sigh. God that was close. I hear the front door close and I go over to the closet letting Justin out. He nearly falls over and I let out a laugh.

'Jesus Lauren! I'm choutstaphobic!'

Oh shit I forgot about that. He holds on to his heart and I roll my eyes.

'Yeah yeah pretty boy. Were gonna get you some breakfast and we can go out okay?'

'You think I'm pretty' he sends me a cheesy smile wrapping his arm around my waist. I laugh and rest mine on his shoulder: what are we doing? We're acting like a couple and were not. He lets go of me by one hand and grabs his purple hat off the bed. I smile and he puts it on backwards.

'So are you okay with captin crunch?'

'YEESS! SWAGG!'

Gosh he sounds like a five year old. He kisses my cheek and takes my hand leading me downstairs.

'Im gonna head home soon though, get a shower and stuff. I think I'm seen Jazz and Jaxon today'

'Oh yeah, well that's great.'

I lead him over to the cupboard taking out two bowls handing him one. He goes over to the cabnit and takes out the cereal pouring the milk in first. I roll my eyes. He still thinks of this place like his home.

I pour my own cereal walking beside him.

**********************

'I'll see you later okay?' he says pecking my cheek again. God I wish I could kiss him already. But I can't. I'm not sure if he would hurt me or not. I rub my head and smile at him.

'Yeah it's okay. Thanks for staying last night'

He rests his hand on my waist

'Laur you needed me. Just get over him alright? Push him out of your life completely.'

'I'll try but Justin it's not that simple.' I shrug resting my hands on his shoulders, again. He looks Into my eyes and I look back into his.

'Laur it is. He doesn't deserve to even say he dated you, your way to good for him. Just try move on please Lauren, I can tell your hurt and it kills me.' he looks down and I hate doing this to him. Lauren just tell him.

'Justin I like you too okay? Alot actually, but with what happened to my dad, then jake I can't deal with anymore pain, or heartbreak. It's just too much and i can't get hurt again.'

A tear falls down my cheek why do I keep crying?

'Lauren I will never ever hurt you, you mean to much to me and I could never hurt you, I'd hate myself. I- I just wouldn't do that okay? I respect you too much. And if your willing to give it a try I will give you everything you deserve. Everything'

I sigh and kiss his cheek:

'I'll think about it alright?'

'I know it's too soon to tell you I liked you. But it had to be said, I've never stopped liking you. But all I ask Is for you to think about it okay?'

'Yeah, bye Justin.'

I stand up on my tippy toes and kiss his cheek. He smiles and opens the door walking down the street. He's so sweet but I can't put my self in that posistion again. Justin means the world to me, and I trust him. Which is why I can't get hurt by him because I know it will change everything, and I know I hurt him when I didn't immediately didn't want to be his girlfriend, atleast he thought I didn't. But I do. I really do. And I want to be able to tell him everything, stay up late at night skyping, texting. Being able to kiss him whenever I wanted. But- no buts. That's what I want. I want to be able to talk to him about my dad. Hold him when he needs me, just like he did to me last night. I throw my head back in frustration and then I hear my ringtone. I put my hand in my pijama bottom and awnser without looking at the I.D

Jake- Lauren?

Me- jake?

Jake- Lauren? Im sorry

Me- I don't give a shit okay? We're finished.

Jake- you wouldn't want to do that.

Me- I do, I fell for you jake. And you didn't give a care at all. Your an assehole, so do me a favour alright? Delete my number, remove me as a friend and get the fuck out of my life.

I hang up on him and delete his number. Thank god that's over. I regret everything. Being with him, kissing with him. I even regret letting him into my life. And honestly, if I didn't date him, I'd be with Justin sooner.

I want to be with Justin. I just need to get jake out of my life.

* writers note

Okay I'm sorry it's so short. But I promise they will get longer.