Chapter Five - Stalled Passengers

Here's chapter five! There's a cast up to the side------------>

And that's a picture of Payton-----> :)

Comment / vote and let me know what you think please! I SERIOUSLY appreciate the feedback! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I awoke the next morning to the buzzing of my alarm. I reached my arm over to shut it up, wishing so much that I could go back to sleep. 

As I grogily got up to make my way to the shower it dawned on me that I had done none of the previous night's homework. A small lump appeared in my throat when I realized I would not be able to do it all, but it slowly passed when I remembered what the past nights events were.

I took a quick shower and headed downstairs, avoiding my mother's stares when I refused to eat any breakfast. 

"I'll see you later, mom." I hear Stephaie call back inside the house behind me and run after me to get into the car, knowing that I would leave her if she wasn't there when I wanted to leave. 

Stephanie climbed in the passenger seat as the newest member of our carpool climbed into the backseat.

"Thanks for the ride, Payton, you're a life saver." Carter said as he hauled his backpack into the seat next to him.

"Don't mention it." I said slowly as I pulled out of the driveway.

"So how did you two become friends?" Stephanie asked.

Carter said "From school." at the same time I said, "we're not."

An awkward silence filled the car.

I heard a whisper at my ear. "I thought we were rather close. Seeing as I almost slept in your bed last night." I could hear the smirk on him face, and I couldn't help but smile. I loved attention like this. I was a tease, and guys always wanted me. I glanced over to Stephanie and it looked like she hadn't seen.

We arrived to school and Carter continued to flirt with me, trying to get touchy-feely. I prevented him though, even though I loved the attention.

As usual, the eyes of most of the school population watched me as I got out of my car and headed towards the building through the parking lot, but the looks had changed into even more envious and confused stares.

A new pair of eyes followed me, Paul's eyes. He stood across the lot surrounded by his usual group of friends, his arm around a girl who's face I couldn't see. He watched me intently, his brow creasing. Good, he should be looking, and jealous that I have moved on so quickly. I smirked to myself as Carter continued to try and keep up with me.

"You walk pretty fast for a small girl." he murmured in my ear.

"I have to, to prevent them from attacking." I say, referring to all the staring eyes.

"Are you sure? Because I was positive that it was your cute little butt that made your legs move so well." he said as his hand brushed along the back of my ass.

"Well wouldn't you like to know." I say, stopping at my locker. "And why are you still following me? We aren't friends, remember?" I say, glancing over to him teasingly as le leaned next to my locker.

He smirked, "I'm just using you for this free attention that I get from just being next to you." he says, looking down the hall skeptically at all the stares.

"Yeah, well you'll get used to them." I say shutting my locker and leaning against it.

"How did you?" he said, getting closer to me.