Chapter Twenty - Kisses and Text Misses

Sunday had gone quick. After I Carter and I had kissed we went to sleep again and then woke up and went to our own houses for the day. I didn't really know what this meant, or what I expected it to mean, all I knew was that I wanted it to happen again. I wanted to taste his lips again, and I hoped it would happen again soon.

I was getting dressed Monday morning when I heard the doorbell ring. Since neither my mom or Jim were awake enough to be up this early, Stephanie answered the door and she calle dup to me, "Payton, it's for you!"

I threw on the silky long sleeved shirt I had decided to wear and headed towards the door. I passed Stephanie coming up the stairs as I was going down, but all the did was look away when I asked her who was at the door.

I turned the corner and found Carter standing in my foyer, I should have guessed. 

He was wearing grey skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. He looked so hot, it turned me on just to look at him. It took all of my effort not to run over to him, kiss him and rip his close off. 

"Hey" I said, walking over to him.

"Hey, sorry to come over so early." he said, looking a little embarassed.

"It's fine. Do you want anything for breakfast?" 

"No thanks, I ate something before I came. I just wanted to ask you something."

"Okay"

"Did you have fun the other day?"

"Yeah, it was great, why?" I answer, wondering what he could be getting at.

"Do you like me?" he asked after a moments hesitation.

I stepped closer to him, and look right int his deep blue eyes. With some sudden burst of confidence out of nowhere, I lean up on my tippy toes and whisper into his ear, "I really, really like you"

I go back flat on my feet and his arm catches around my waist, "I really like you too." he says, his lips whispering agains mine, sending tingles up my spine. I place my hands on his chest and almost press my lips against his, when I hear Stephanie's voice.

"Oh god, please get a room. And since when have you two been together?" she asks.

I laugh and pull Carter by the hand quickly taking him up the stairs and into my bedroom. He sits on the bed and pulls me on top of him so my legs are around his waist.

"Deja vú" he mumbled against my lips. I remember the time I was kissing him like this before I went to the party, but this time felt so much more real.

I push him back on the bed so that I was on top of him, and he kissed my neck. I kiss his lips deeply and his hands travel to my back and under the silky material of my shirt. He tickles my waist, and I squeal out of fright. He takes the oportunity to flip us so he's on top and continues to tickle me. 

There's a knock on the door, "I know you two are getting frisky, but I still need a ride to school." I hear Stephanie's voice outside.

"Okay! We'll be right out!" I yell inbetween squeals. "Carter! We need to go!" I laugh.

He gets off and waps his arm around my waist after I get my books.

"It's nice to know what gets you going." he whispers in my ear.

"You have no idea what you're doing to me." I say.

"Oh, I think I do." he says, winking. I roll my eyes and push him away playfully as I grab my keys and lock the house door once we're all outside.

I drive us to school and Carter and I get glares as we walk into the building together.

"Payton!" I hear someone call my name as I walk to homeroom and turn around to find Tiffany hurring down the hallway towards me.