Chapter One - Enter the Bad Boy

"Payton are you almost done?!" banging came through the bathroom door as I finished getting ready.

"Hold on, Stephanie!" I called to my twin sister, refusing to let my power over her leave when we were at home.

"But I'm going to be late for school!" she yelled, banging again.

"I said that I would drive you. Now hold on and wait a second!" I practically screamed towards the door. I heard her stomp away from the door and I exhaled in relief.

I examined my work in the mirror. My long, brown hair was blown out to perfection with small curls at the bottom, my large, green eyes were accented with a small amount of purple eyeliner and shadow and my lips were dark and red. My face looked clear and flawless, even though I had hardly any foundation on it.

Even though Stephanie and I were twins, you would never be able to tell, we looked absolutely nothing alike and were the farthest ever from being twins. My hair was brown with natural blond highlights and wavy, hers was blonde and in curly ringlets; my eyes were green and hers were brown; we both wore glasses but I had gotten contacts. Our structures were similar, average height at around 5'6" and small waist. But if I didn't tell you we were twins you would never know.

But even though I was popular in school and she wasn't, my parents still favored her immensely. She had the larger of the two bedrooms and hers was facing the front of the house. Mine was in the back corner and my window was lined up with the window of the creepy deserted house next door. She was smarted than me even though we took the same classes, but I was by far much prettier.

"Payton we go through this every day!" Stephanie screeched from outside. I rolled my eyes, knowing that she was right.

"Payton, let your sister into the bathroom, you've been in there for plenty of time already." my mothers assertive voice came from outside the door.

I scowled in the mirror and turned on my heels, "I was done anytways." I said to my mom. "I'm leaving in 20 minutes." I turned to Stephanie, flipping my hair over my shoulder and walking into my room to finish getting ready. I fingered through my closet, choosing my outfit carefully. I threw on a gray knit sweater, then paired it with ripped skinny jeans and my favorite black military boots.

~*~

Exactly 20 minutes later I walked out the front door, Stephanie trailing behind.

It was almost embarrassing to be seen with her when you compared us. She wore dorky sneakers with baggy, unflattering flare jeans, and a crew neck t-shirt pretty much every day.

"Did you finish Mr. Bakers English homework?" Stephanie asked as she hauled her books on to her lap. I scoffed, knowing I hadn't done it. "because while I was writing my thesis..." I tuned her out as I pulled away from the driveway, not really caring about what she was talking about.

I looked over at the deserted house next to us. Was that a light on? With a car in the driveway? No way. That house had been empty since Stephanie and I were in elementary school.

"Oh look! Finally new owners!" Stephanie exclaimed, noticing it the same time I did.

"You think theres people moving in?" I asked.

She nodded her head, "Yeah I heard mom and dad talking-"

"Jim, Stephanie. His name is Jim and he's not our dad." I say, interrupting her and correctiong her when she treated our stepdad, Jim, like he was our real dad.

"Anyways....I saw mom and Jim talking about a couple moving in with a son our age." she said.

I smiled to myself as I drove toward the school. A new boy would be the perfect chance to get someone new wrapped around my finger. Since my not-so-boyfriend-like boyfriend Paul and I were getting a little shaky, it would be an opportunity to make him a little jealous. And since he was going to be my neighbor, our parents would probably expect us to be friends. Perfect.

In Need of a Bad Boy [COMPLETE]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara