Chapter 44 : Tabloid Incident

RitzCarlton Hotel

Asher

'Asher' Cindy beamed at him. She clapped her hands giddly to have the waiter served them food  right away.

'Cut the bullshit. Tell me what you want?' he stated coldy as he sat across her. How he wanted to stranggle her neck. She smiled at him sweetly.

'You just arrived, why don't we eat first?' she flatly ignored his comment that had the last hanging thread on Asher's patience loose it. He stood up.

'Where are you going?'she asked as he turned his back on her. He couldn't bear the time he had spent with her.

'None of your business' he continued to take strives away from her.

'You! I want you!' Cindy voiced out. She stalked in front of Asher, holding out his hands. He was about to remove it when out of the blue she kissed him.

Asher's eyes went wide seeing Carson at the corner of his eyes. She looked hurt and immediately scampered away. He is about to follow her but Cindy hugged him.

'Why? Why does it have to be her? I can be the one on your side. I promise I'll be good to you' Cindy blurted as if pleading Asher to stay. She's also hurt but its nothing compared to what Asher feels seeing the woman he loves hurt. All he could think about is getting to Carson.

'Your not her' Asher bluntly said and left Cindy. He ran across the halls, only to find Carson gone. He fished out his phone, dialling her number. After multiple attempts still no answer. He went to her apartment but she is no where in sight. Panic stroke him. He thought that he can't forgive himself if something bad happened to her.

'Find Carson Jones immediately' Asher demanded to his secretary on the phone. He marched out of the hotel, only to find a pool of papparazi reporters blocking his way.

'Move' he angrily blurted on the way on his sports car. The angry roar of his engine filled the streets of London.  He surveyed each street for her whilst trying to contact her. At dawn he stood outside her apartment, hoping she would be back.

It was already morning when Asher decided to go back in his penthouse and freshen up.  He figured that the only place he could see her would be at the university. He needs to talk to her. It broke his heart seeing her hurt. If anything all he wanted is to see her smile.

~~~~~~~

Wilford University

Carson

'Ms. Carson Jones, your presence is requested at the draw room' the intercom buzzed. Honestly, she isn't in the mood but her friend Sarah signalled her to go. She went to her house and had been crying non-stop. If only she wasn't forged by Sarah to go to university yet Sarah is persistent she needed to be distracted than be left at home weeping.

As if her every step felt heavy, she gradually proceeded to the empty room. She walked inside, thinking whether she had been pranked. Just as she is about to leave, the door opened.

'Stay.' Asher imposed. All the while once again she felt her heart pained. She could barely look at him and not remember him kissing Cindy.

'There's no need talk. Just let me be' she stated as she try to ignore him. She thought she can but she can't trust him.

'I'm sorry but I want to fix this' Asher blocked Carson's way out. She shook her head yet her water eventually broke.

'Please, don't...' she said as she wanted to put distance between but failed to do so. Asher pulled her into him, making her crash in his chest.

'Listen, Cindy took pictures of us and sold them to the tabloids that put you in bad light. I went to the hotel to know her motive and confront her. I didn't...sorry' he explained. Yet it didn't lessened what she feels. It only made her feel more worse.

'Why didn't you tell me?' she querried.
She felt as if he doesn't see her in par enough with him to be shared with such problem. As if she is still seen by him like the child he used claimed her to be one.

'I want to protect you. In the end, I was the one who hurt you' he dignified his actions. Carson shook her head sideways.

'I am not some fragile vase that would break if not handled with care. I can fight my own battle, you should've told me instead than try protect me.' Her pride surfaced. Asher's concern is justifiable but she can't bring herself to solely rely on him. She had always been a hard headed girl and so the least she wanted is to be viewed someone weak.

'I know and I'm sorry Cara Mia' he held her hand with sheer hope. He smiled at her faintly.

'I need time, just let me be' she removed her hands from his grasp. She by-passed him leaving him behind the room. Carson knew she is being selfish but she's afraid that the more she presses unto the issue, the more she becomes convinced that trusting others is a bad thing afterall. Him not opening up at her on Cindy also isn't helping either. Hence, at that moment, all Carson think of is time alone to think things through.

~~~~~~

Author's Corner:

I have received messages on story update which I  recently saw. Thank you for your support. I would be taking updates gradually since as I am filled to the brim these days.

If you like my story, please give it a vote.

Hugs n' Kisses
Marie