Chapter 8: Dinner and An Intruding Ex

Asher

The mait're led Asher and Carson towards their table. Asher brought her in a classy retaurant providing a magnificent view of the eiffel tower where people were wearing formal dainty clothes.

'What would be your order, miss and sir?' the waiter waited patiently. 'One roast beef and  your best wine' Asher said.

The waiter turned at her while she remained plastered at the menu, flipping the pages enthusiastically.

'I want a well-done beef steak, roasted chicken, minced pork  and a full set fruit platter.' The waiter was about to bow when Carson spoke.

'Thats not all, I want a slice of your chocolate mouse, blueberry cheesecake and strawberry soufle.' he nodded scrimbling them down before Carson dismissed him. Whilst Asher looked at Carson.

'What? A girl has to eat. Besides, its free diner' Asher didn't inquired further but seems to be amused on her.  Her eyes held mischevous glint in them, contempting him.

'So Mr. Stone, you should tell the reason why we are dining out?' Carson didn't waste no time asking him.

'Am, I finally moving out of your place and move somewhere else on my own? Cause that would be the best news, I'll receive today' She added resting her chin on her towered hands over the table.

'No you're not' he replied that made her furrow her brows.

'We need to talk' Asher continued in all seriousness. Carson waved her hand cuing him to just get things over it. Though unhappy with Carson's non-chalant attitude,  he did so.

'While you stay with me, you listen to every word I say' he demanded that didn't fazed Carson at all who even roll her eyes in the process.

'No, its your job to look after me. It doesn't include you manipulating my life.' she retorted placidly that soon sparked a  stare down between them.

He had never met a stubborn woman like her in his life. Asher wanted to make it up with Carson but few minutes together they were already under each other's noses.

'YOU WILL LISTEN TO ME' Asher emphasized his words. While it isn't his intenion to impose on her, something about Carson brought a want of control within him.

No.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Asher can't believe how Carson Jones always manage to rile him up. Fortunately, their argument was cut off as the food arrived.

'Let's just eat. Speaking to you isn't going anywhere' he sighed exaperatedly. Carson just nodded. Seeing the food, her eyes gleamed. Her mood perked up, dugging her food in delight. From being a snotty sarcastic teenager, she had become a sight to see.

His eyes unconsciously followed her while she happily ate her food. It made him smile to himself. He thought, maybe the dinner wasn't bad at all.

~~~~~~~

Carson

After a gruesome interrogation Carson had in Asher's boardroom, she and Asher dined out. She may appear calm when in thruthness she is nervous as hell. Afterall, its not everyday, she present her opinion in front of professional men in suits.

Carson had always loved food, being out of the interogation made her want to eat every food she craved at the menu given by the waiter. Asher didn't question her but just let Carson do so. On the contray, Asher gazed at her pleasing as she savor every food served to their table.