Chapter 43 : Bond over Prejudice

Carson

The day hadn't been brighter than it already is.  Carson swayed into the music coming from her bluetooth headset. Multi-tasking, she cooks breakfast, bacon and egg that is. She placed both on the plates over the kitchen island and grab the already done breads she set at the toaster.

'Good Morning' her heart jumped as hands engulfed her from the back. The familiar warmness sent her back to the night she had just spent with him, with his boyfriend Asher. They cuddled all throughout. She felt loved more than ever.

'Hi' she said as Asher plant a kiss on her lips. He smiled lovingly, helping her with the coffee and choco.

'Asher, about what happened with Cindy...' she trailed as per the taunting words of Asher's ex. She hated judging people so Carson decided it would be best to hear Asher's side before reaching a conclusion.

'Cara Mia, do you trust me?' Asher asked her. He held out her hands gently, tracing his thumbs over them in circles.

'I do that's why I want to know' she answered. Heiving a heavy sigh, Asher smiled faintly.

'Its true that work has always been my priority...but it became second since you came' he stared at her with sheer sincerity.

'Carson, I love you very much.' hearing him made Carson emotional. She had always been afraid of trusting others. His words made her aware how lucky she is to be loved by the man ahead of her.

'I love you too' she answered. Asher went to her side and hugged her. He kissed her by the forehead as if sealing his promise of love to her. She hugged him giddily in return with the want to just melt in his touch.

He sat at the vacant seat beside her and signalled her to his lap. She complied and Asher cuddle her by the back. In return she fed him.

'I can get used to this' he whispered huskily by her ear. She knew how intimate their position is and she could feel something hardened underneath.

'Learn to practice some self-control boyfie' she teased him, making Asher chuckle.

'I prefer not when I'm around you' he beckoned with evident intent of ravishing her everytime they're together.

'Your always so sexy, I want to tie you on the bedroom all the time' he started trailing kisses on her neck whilst his hand travel on her inner thighs. To his surprise, she hit his hand.

'You meanie. No sex for a while' she pouted at him as if it was his fault.

'You don't mean that Cara Mia' Asher faked hurt. He tightened his embrace, wooing her.

'Then buy me some cake first' she demanded like a kid making him chuckle.

'Alright, we can get cake. I'll even buy you a cakeshop if you want' he said that had her brows furrowed.

'That's no fun, I want to taste different cakes not just from one shop' Carson said mischeviously.

~~~~~~

Asher

'I'll see you later' he said as he dropped Carson by the university.

'See you' she answered whilst giving him a peck in the lips. Seeing her walk towards the entrance with guys giving Carson stare of lust, he did what any sane man would do.

Asher walked towards Carson and gave her a torrid kiss. Satisfied. He left her with a smudged lipstick. He had marked his territory with the aim of wanting people know that she is his alone.

Soon, he arrived at his office. His ever efficient P.A Henry followed him behind. However he wasn't keen on what greeted him.

'The heck is this!' He slammed his fist all over his table filled with newspapers. This isn't what he had imagined things would be.

'Sir, if I may be bold, I believe this was done with every intention to demean Ms. Jones' Henry emphasized. Asher clenched his jaw looking at the headlines that contains him and Carson kissing by his penthouse hallway. To make matter's worse, there's a video of it uploaded online.

*Ring

Asher picked up his phone hastily.

'Did you like today's headline?' Asher gripped his phone tightly. He may be the kind to ignore tabloids but he isn't one to let things go when his woman, his girlfriend was involved.

'What do you want Cindy?' he spat angrily. Million ways were running in his mind on how he could bring down his wrath upon her.

'See me at Ritzcarlton, 8 pm sharp' she demanded like he owed her.

'If I don't?' he dared her whilst making Cindy snort. It was a rhetorical question aimed to made her feel she's nothing to him. In fact, hadn't Carson been implicated with Cindy's charade he wouldn't spare her the time of the day.

'Then, suit yourself seeing your little girlfriend enjoy her famous stint' Cindy dared back before ending the line. Asher hands turned into tight ball of fist.

~~~~~~~

Author's corner :

Hi! Things are getting full on my part these days and writing this story had become a break for me from life for a while. Do you also feel the same? What do you feel when you read?

Thank you for your support.

Hugs n' Kisses
Marie