Chapter 10: Friendships

Asher

'Good Morning' Carson peaked through the kitchen. Asher is already in his business suit while she is in her uniform.  She marched in.

'Morning' He replied nodding casually.He must admit that Carson's encouragement, last night had made helped him a lot. All the more, in the morning that he is placing the tray on the sink, he was surprised to see the other side of the mug with a sticky note, it states 'Do your Best, Signore!' It lifted his mood positively.

Carson frowned seeing Asher with only a mug on his hand.

'Is that your breafast?' she asked quizzically shaking her head. She removed her top blaizer and rolled her sleeves. Carson put on an apron. Then got some ingredients at the refrigerator.

'What are you doing?' Asher asked out of curiosity seeing Carson heat the pan with oil.

'Cooking you breakfast' she said putting in bacon. Then she whisked the egg, chopped veggies to make a fritata. Asher didn't took Carson as someone adept in the kitchen. Being a heiress she thought, she is used to people just serving her. Yet here she is in his kitchen moving with ease, locating utensils easily and multitasking on cooking.

When she is done, she placed two plates with strips of golden crisped bacon, fritata and toasted bread on the table. She sat opposite of him. Asher eyed the food like its some sort of alien. He never did breakfast since he lived alone except whenever he goes to see his parents with his mother brooding over it.

'I take it you don't do breakfast. At least try it.'Carson said blinking like a kid trying put on a cute face in her last sentence. Asher had to fight the urge to laugh and so he fake coughed instead before digging into the food. His fork landing on the food one after the other. Soon, his plate was empty.

'See? Not so hard isn't it.' Carson beamed at him. Her eyes twinkle in delight.

'Thank you' Asher said putting up a smile. 'Ahh-ahhh' Carson giggled that had him put up a frown.

'You smiled! You can smile!' Carson said enthusiastically as if discovering something out of extra-ordinary.

'Its not a big deal' Asher try to sound as calm as he is. Afterall, he find smiling as something common. Well, at least to many people but not to him.  He remembered her question before he left him last night.

Flashback

'Oh, and one last thing, do you smile?' Carson halted middway. He was taken a back with her question. He wondered if he really is too uptight that Carson had asked such.

End of Flashback

'It is, most of the time you have this formal, serious vibe around that your like 'You will listen to me.' and like ' I am your guardian' Carson mimicking Asher that had him put on a look of amusement as he shook his head sideways whilst fighting the urge to laugh when in all honestly he found her funny.

'I don't speak like that' Asher denied trying to rebut in straight-laced manner by taking a sip on his cup.

'You do, your so serious you could pass out as a spinster middle aged guy but if it make you feel better, you still look hot.' Carson said that almost had Asher blurt the coffee he is drinking. It didn't occured to her that Carson views him hot but at the same time a spinster middle aged guy.

'But seriously Mr. Stone, wouldn't it be nice to have breakfast and eat together from now on. I will cook you food. Plus, we can have this friendly chat everyday' Carson enthusiastically said entwining her palms. She leaned on the table, resting her chin over her hands. She winked at Asher.