Chapter 11: That Someone

Oliveros Stone

'Iho' he greeted his only son Asher as he decided to pay him a visit. Oliveros is in his fifties, retired and happily married to his wife Elina. He had come to England to check how he was doing.

'Hi father, What brings you here today?' Asher asked away seeing his father. The patriarch shook at his son's directness.

'No need to hastily send me off away. I just want to check into you' he said warily to his son.

'Please don't tell me this is about me, finding a wife soon. Mother already talked her way to it. Not you too' Asher said impatiently as if reading his father's thoughts.

'Your parents are not getting young Asher and so are you. Its high time you settle down.' he defended to try convice his hard headed son.

'Oh, rubbish. You guys are still strong while I still enjoy my bachelor life. Also If you must know, I'll settle down when I found someone I want to be with' Asher replied hastily to him. However, Oliveros couldn't miss his statement on settling down. He smiled wolfishly on his son's direction.

'So what change son? The last time I checked your a non-commital type of guy' Oliveros stated making his point. Asher heived a sigh.

'Nothing, I still am. I am just stating, I'll choose who and when to marry' Oliveros allowed his face to charter a grin. He never expected that he'll hear Asher used the term marry. Especially since his son deliberately announce his disdain on love.

'I take it you found someone' Oliveros thrived to push further his son who seems hanging by a thread before he spill some juicy details to him. He knew persistence will eventually get his son to talk.

'You won't stop until I talk, right father?' Asher said whilst Oliveros threw him a knowing look.

'Alright, I met a girl sorely different amongst others that I find... interesting.' Asher confesses.

Oliveros didn't miss the reminscin face of his son who smiled a bit then turned back to his stoic face. Asher isn't the kind pay attention to anyone let alone the opposite sex more than his work. Curiosity struck at him on how the girl piqued his son's interest.

'Enlighten me on being different' he stated encouraging Asher to elaborate further. He darted suggestively implying to his son.

'Its not what you think, the girl doesn't even like me as a man. Just that she amused me with her defiantly stubborn attitude, no boring days with her' Asher answered as he plastered a reminiscent face.

'I want to meet her' Oliveros said.

'No, you can't see her' Asher refused.

'That's a shame son but we'll see each other anyways.'Oliveros said confidently. He can't wait to tell his wife that his son might've found his match.

'Its complicated father' Asher said that widened the grin of of Oliveros further. He tap the shoulder of his son after he stood up from his seat.

'Love isn't a simple thing, its complicated but its also the most special in the world.' Oliveros said in his son who listen to him dumbfoubdedly.

'I'm not...' Asher said to which his father raised his hand to stop him.

'Of course, but its never impossible. I need to go son. See you soon' Olivers bid his son goodbye with an utterly satisfied face. He must go home to his wife and let fate run its course. If things work out, he thought, they'll finally have a new daughter in-law.

~~~~~~~

Asher

'Love isn't a simple thing, its complicated but its also the most special in the world.'

His father's words rang in his head who had sought him after his meeting that day. Love? Asher wondered why his father would come to the assumption he is inlove. He don't do love. Since the beginning women only want him for his money, fame and looks. None truly cared for him.

'Maybe there is one now' his inner voice said thinking of Carson. Deep inside he knew she is only tolerating his presence cause she had to but a part of him wondered if she'll care for him hadn't their circumstance.

He remained rooted on the driver's seat, immersed in his train of thoughts until a knock erupted by the passenger's door. He opened up its window and familiar blue orbs stood peeking on it.

'Hi, you're here.' Carson greeted Asher. Before 5 pm, he went to Wilford's. The time by which Carson was fetched by his chauffeur Paul.

'Get in' he demandingly said even though he want to ask subtly. Carson quirked his brow in confusion but got in nonetheless. He then drove away from the University.

'Hey, did something happen to Paul? He usually comes to pick me up.' Carson querried that had Asher gripping the wheel a little tightly.

'Yes, why'd you ordered Paul go home early today?' his inner voice asked. He himself doesn't know why apart from the fact that he found himself getting struck by urge to see her since he left that morning.

'He is sick' he lied through his teeth. It was becoming more of something out of not ordinary for him. In his head he is questioning himself as to why he did so.

'Oh, then thank you. I know your busy and all.You don't have to come fetch me yourself. I could've gone home myself' Carson stated that caused a light nab on Asher's chest. Its as if he was splashed with cold water as realization dawned at him. He had given her the time of the day which he never does to any girl or woman he met.

'Are you telling me you don't want me to?' Asher clenched his jaw, bitterly spatting the words. Carson shook his head.

'I didn't mean it like that. I just feel bad you had to come when I know you have a lot to do' Carson defended.

'Its alright, now. I'm not busy.The meeting today is successful. I got the Japan Exporter Deal' Asher answered keeping his eyes on the road as he drive home. In his rear, he is checking the blue-eyed beaut who broke into a breathtaking smile that had him feel lightened up.

'Congrats Signore! I knew you can do it!' Carson beamed at him. She looked like she is the one who struck the deal not him. Her eyes glimmered in delight.

'You make it sound like it occured to you that I won't' he said that earned him a hearty laugh. Carson shook her head.

'Well, not really. I browsed you up and read how amazing you are in business so I figured you'd do great with whatever your working on' Carson said making Asher's mood perked up to the brim. Whilst a grin appeared on his face.

'So did you like what you see online?' he asked as eagerly waiting for a remark. She heived a sigh, putting up a worried face.

'Not really. You got a lot worse than I did. Your life is too publicized that it won't come as a surprise you'd only have to sneeze to be on today's headlines.' Carson said.

'I got to used it' Asher said thinking how he managed to ignore trash written about him. It brought back memories he had buried a long time ago.

'Hey! You okay?' Carson asked noticing him paced out for a while. He simply nodded to her.

When, they reached the penthouse, Carson volunteered to cook dinner into which according to her is extra special since they are celebrating Asher's success in closing a deal that day. Typically, Asher just pay no heed on deals but here he is direly enjoying the company of Carson Jones.

That night, he thought something had changed between them. Still he wondered if she truly cares for him but for what its worth Asher felt a stint of unknown, a foreign feeling he himself can't even explain.