Chapter 29 : Regrets

1 Week Later

Asher

'Sir, if I may suggest, why don't you just personally meet Miss Jones at Wilford. That is if you want to check what she's doing.' Henry said. Asher had claimed that he wanted to look after Carson's safety even if she isn't under his wing anymore. When in reality, it is his possessiveness that is driving him the urge to do so.

He knew she hated him for hurting her. At that time, he convinced himself at least she will think of him more than any man in her life. Yet, it backfired. Carson left. The bad girl heiress went her way without a word. Not that he would allowed her to leave anyways. But still, Asher isn't one to let her disappearing act slide off.

'No, just continue your surveillance and protect her in hidsight' Asher said when in truthness he wanted to see her in all aspects. He wondered how he got by ignoring her when they lived together.

When she is gone, he seeked her presence. His life went back to the way it was before, a workaholic bachelor that goes home at his penthouse. Change however occurred. He had changed.

When Henry had left him alone, Asher stare wide on his phone. He contemplated whether to call or not.

Giving in, he dialled her number, silently hoping she'll pick up. But there was no answer. Like his previous attempts her phone rings but no answer. In impatience, he grabbed his coat and left the office in a jiffy.

He drove madly across the roads of London. All Asher wanted is to shrug the thoughts of Carson away.

In the end, he parked metres away from Wilford's Business Department building's entrance. He stared at the long stretch of nothingness. Asher's mind is filled with Carson, her smile, voice, hair and everything about her. He hit his head on the stirring multiple times in frustration.

It was late afternoon, when he went back to the office. He had stayed at Wilford but didn't have the luck to see Carson. He even debated whether to come back or not but his PA had phoned him that Mr. Stevenson had dropped by to visit.

Asher figured that it'll be rude if he didn't meet the man in person. He held deep respect to Mr. Stevens for being one of the most formidable businessman he had ever met.

~~~~~~

Mr. Stevenson

'Asher Stone' he nod his head at the young man ahead of him. He used to be deadset cold but he noticed something in him changed.

'Sir' the man answered, shaking his hand firmly. Mr. Stevenson has paid a visit to Asher Stone to check with the business venture they have and also talk about other things.

'Paul told me that the ships' construction are going well.' he started to which Asher Stone nodded in agreement. He sat down on the chair opposite to Mr. Stevenson.

'You seem tired, Mr. Stone' Mr. Stevenson commented seeing the bags under his eyes. His face with grown beard that had him look like a cave man contrary to his clean business look.

'Been busy these days sir. About the project, it is going well thanks to the steel recommended to us' he said that put on a long face on Asher's. Mr. Stevenson didn't miss the wary look on him.

'Yes, Ms. Carson had been most helpful. About that I would like to invite you and her into my family's annual gala' Mr. Stevenson handed out two invitations in red envelope. Asher opened it and read the contents.

'I wanted to give it to her personally but I don't know how to reach her. I figured it'd be best to hand it to you instead.' Mr. Stevenson said to Asher who had slid the invitations on his drawer.

'I will try contact her about it. Thank you Mr. Stevenson' Asher said calmly yet there is a stint of hopefulness and pain on it. Mr. Stevenson, stood up not wanting to implore further for he knew something is at bay with Asher.

'Then, I'd be expecting you to the Gala' he shook hands with Asher Stone. But before he walked away he tapped his shoulder.

'You shouldn't let anything hold you back son' he encouraged him. Asher looked at him quizzically as he remained rooted in his place.

'What if its too late?' Asher said that had Mr. Stevenson shook his head.

'Then you just have to focus at present so you don't go regretting all your life' he answered before nodding at him and leaving him behind. Asher Stone reminded him of his youngself when he tends to give his time in work until he figured how he is missing in life by not doing what he wants. He just hope that Asher Stone heed his advice and get pass his predicament.